1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games craps and three card poker question

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Robertintx, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When your playing craps or 3 card poker at a $5 min table, and you buy in for $100 do the give you $5 chips or what ?
    Or do you have to ask for them ?
    Thanks

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At a $5 craps table when you buy in with a $100 they'll either give you all reds or $90 in reds and $10 in whites.

But you can tell them however you want it broken.

3. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whenever I buy in for $100, I always has for nickels aka $5 chips. Its an extremely common request.

4. ahalifko

ahalifko Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my experience, it's all nickels with a $100 buy-in or a $95 red/$5 white split. At the craps table $200 is my normal buy-in and I almost always get $100 in quarters ($25s) and $95 in nickels and $5 in ones.

But you can always ask for it anyway you want. :peace:

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They will likely give you all $5 (nickels). If you need $1 chips to make a bet just ask for change and toss one of the dealers a $5 chip. If you place the 6 or 8 and throw them $10, they'll make change automatically by giving you 4 $1 chips in return. You have to buy in for $200 or more before they automatically give you $25 chips as part of your buy in. When I buy in for $300 I get $200 in $5 chips and 4 $25 chips. In the end, it's your money and they'll make change in whatever denomination you ask for it in.

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At $5 games I don't know of any table game that would give anything but nickles (and maybe $1s) with a $100 minimum.

Or you can simply put the $100 on the table and tell them "Nickles only".

Oh, don't ask for change at the Craps table either. For example, if you plan on betting the 6 & 8 ($6 each), don't give them a $5 and ask for $1s.
    Just toss them $15 and say 6 & 8 one unit and they know what to do.
    I asked for change when first starting to play Craps and was told that slows the game down. Just toss out the chips and they make change accordingly.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.