1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Kinky Boots / LVOL Tickets

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by snapcat, Jun 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're going to be in Las Vegas while Kinky Boots is playing at the Smith Center, but it appears all seats on Ticketmaster are sold out. Las Vegas Online is selling resale / third party vendor tickets. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, and offer some conventional wisdom. The tickets will not be ready for delivery until days before the show, which is a little scary. I appreciate your thoughts and advice.

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have u tried stub hub or call the smith center directly and ask if they do release tickets

3. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smith Center does its own ticketing via its website and at the box office in person. There is no way Kinky Boots will already be sold out.

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While it's true there are seats available on the Smith Center website (I don't know for OP because s/he didn't say the dates they wanted to attend the show) but I have no problem seeing this show sell out quite quickly. It's a Tony winner and this is the first tour, and it's still selling well in NYC.

Check your dates for tickets here: http://www.thesmithcenter.com/events/kinky-boots/

5. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, book tickets through the Smith Center website, not Ticketmaster. I booked a ticket for Book of Mormon for this Thursday directly through the Smith Center site and it was mailed to me three days later.

6. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't mean it to sound like it was not sold out because it is not a good show, but that's sort of true as well. The show has already been in Vegas and did terribly on the strip (although mostly due to lack of advertising). The tour is only in town for 10 days, so lots of good seats will have already gone to season subscribers, but I predict individual ticket sales for the show being a bit slow. It definitely will not be the sell-out hit that Book of Mormon is now.

7. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't realize Kinky Boots had been in Vegas on the Strip before....

(we are season ticket holders at our local performing arts center and Kinky Boots is the main reason I renewed our seats for this year - and seeing Book of Mormon last year is why I got the season tickets then. If other subscribers are like me, the arts centers are making good decisions to get one "blockbuster" and then some so-so shows that we'll go see because we already have tix ;-)

8. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WHOOPS!! Had a brain fart. Kinky Boots is starting its tour here in Vegas, so definitely the first time here. I was thinking of the short-lived production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert at the Venetian.

But that is definitely the thinking of these national touring houses. The subscribers ensure that seats are filled for the whole Broadway season, not just the big hits, but also the non-equity tours that come through. This tactic definitely works in Vegas where The Smith Center books smaller touring shows for very short runs. Last I heard, there are still over 10,000 season subscribers to the yearly Broadway season. This is why I was also so impressed by the theater houses in Los Angeles and San Francisco. They book their touring shows (even the weaker ones) for 2-3 weeks minimum, with more popular shows staying for 6-10 weeks or more. I don't know how many subscribers they have to support that, but single ticket sales seem to always be strong.

9. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our performing arts center brags that it has the most season ticket holders in the country (14,000 I think) but I'm guessing there's some sort of size tier going on? It's still an impressive amount of subscribers for our not-that-big town!!!

I think the shows are only here a week or a little more or less, but I have my Sunday matinee seats so I'm happy!

I really would like to see a show at the Smith Center but I'm not sure what I'd see there that I can't see at home. Shows in Vegas used to be my main reason to go - we didn't have the Arts center here and it was easier/cheaper to get to Vegas than NYC, but these days....Guess I'll just have to focus on what there is in Vegas that I can't get at home!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.