1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Le reve

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Chrisnewton, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all

Thinking of going to see le reve the dream at wynn.

Anyone seen it, is it OK? Never seen a cirque du soleil show, wife wanted to see the O but this is more in our price price range.

Thanks all

Chris

2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    La Reve is not technically a "Cirque du Soleil" show (although it was created by Franco Dragone, the guy behind "O" and several other Cirque shows), however it is spectacular and MUCH better than "O" in my opinion. I almost fell asleep during "O" - that is how bored I was. There was never a dull moment in La Reve - it is a visual masterpiece and I would highly recommend it to you and your wife.

3. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks very much for your advice

4. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Reve was terrific. It was the first of these types of these shows that we've seen since starting our Vegas trips a few years ago and have seen several Cirque shows since. This was our favorite. I'd recommend staying mid-level or higher. Hope you have a great time!

5. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again

6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I have seen Le Reve several times and enjoy it every time. It is magnitudes better than O!

7. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree with the show being better than O. I think a difference maker is the theater. Le Reve is much more intimate and that automatically draws you into the performance.

8. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Along these lines, I recently got a letter from Wynn with an offer for 2 nights hotel (weeknights), 2 tickets to Le Reve and 2 buffets, all for $299. (I've never gambled there and even if I did I wouldn't even be a blip on their radar.) Anyone ever do this deal? Seems almost too good to be true. Is there a catch?

9. 2wayparlay

2wayparlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going against the grain here and say I hated La Reve. I've seen O 4 times and it's by far the best Cirque show out there. It's kinda hard to believe that they're both by the same guy. The O soundtrack is amazing, and the sets spectacular. The opening curtain scene, how can you not like that? I agree that La Reve might be more intimate cause of the smaller venue but the crowds are a lot smaller. While the show was going on, there were a bunch of empty seats. I even asked the usher if we could move around and he said sure. But we decided to stay near the top cause it was closer to the bar. I suggest you see both. In fact since you're staying at MGM, go see KA instead. Have fun and good luck!

10. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will go against the grain as well. O, IMO, is much better than La Reve. That being said, to me, la Reve was enjoyable, but it was like watching Diet O. It was very similar to O, but a bit smaller in every way (except the final scene, which was excellent). Also different from O, they throw a little magic into La Reve, which I thought was a bit silly. But overall, it was a good show. You should enjoy it

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  11. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a good deal provided a couple of things are true:

1. You want to see the show.
    2. You would typically pay for your meals rather than have them comped.

I love the Wynn/Encore rooms but only stayed there when they comped me. I can get free rooms and food elsewhere and I am too cheap to pay just because I like the place. That said, the beds are fantastic and the buffet is very good.

12. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well thanks all I have purchased tickets to see le reve.. I am going to collect the tickets when we are there. Quick question will we be able to pick the tickets up anytime or only on the day of the show?

13. Beaker

Beaker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can pick the tickets up anytime. Definitely the best show in Vegas, we've been to it 3 times now.

14. santos

santos Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best show in Vegas in my opinion

15. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have it on my ipod and listened to it numerous times when driving. :thumbsup:

16. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked it better than O. Loved the theater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.