1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Plaza security deposit?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by FullPay, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got an offer for three nights comped at the Plaza. Surprising, since in the past twelve months I have been in there twice and maybe dropped a twenty each time. Never stayed there before. After closing up the reservation on the phone the agent informs me that they require a fifty dollar deposit at check-in which may be refundable at check-out. The word 'may' really strikes a chord based on many of the business practices they have been involved with in recent years. I could not get the agent to comment on whether or not the deposit was routinely refunded after a normal hotel stay; she just kept saying 'Legal' required her to say it that way. Something to worry about, or just more lawyers making the world a better place?

Bros are back!
  2. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just stayed there for one night last Saturday night. There is a large sign in the check in line that says they will "authorize" your credit card, but if you have a debit card they remove the $50 immediately from your account then credit it back in 3-5 days. Since we use a debit card, we kept an eye on our account, and they never even charged our card at all. I think you should be fine. BTW, you should search out Fe'Adolphus' thread somewhere here. He's a host there and he treated us extremely well.

3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just us lawyers improving your life, one interaction at a time.

Presumably, the reason they say it "may" be refunded is because that's the whole point of a deposit -- it's there as backup for damage, room service fees, etc. The front desk person probably was told not to get into whether it's "routinely" refunded or not, that's just how a deposit works. Otherwise it's not a deposit, it's a fee. I wouldn't worry about this at all.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very well put... this is standard at Las Vegas properties and actually, $50 is on the low side.

5. Unimik1

Unimik1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been a problem. As others have said, it is a normal thing. I always use a credit card and have never had an issue. We stay there on average three times a year and haven't been charged a cent.

6. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. I was really hoping that the Plaza would rebound after the renovation. I honestly don't play there very often, but a free room is often the start of a beautiful friendship.

Bros are back!
  7. Brown Paper Bag Money

Brown Paper Bag Money Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yea same here, stayed last month, charged me $50 and refunded 3 days after i left, its for pay per views, phone calls, etc

8. Former Plaza Host

Former Plaza Host Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our security deposit is in case you damage something within the room while you occupy it. It is usually not a worry because you will get it back. And yes I will say most people get the deposit back. And to be very honest we have had problems with damages to our rooms and the guest had to forfeit the deposit. Just come in and have fun. Come say hi to me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.