1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay Rooms - What upgrades are worth trying for?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Funkhouser, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at Mandalay Bay on MyVegas Comp for one night in August. Not having stayed there since the first year they opened, wondering what upgrades from a standard room are worth paying for.

2. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can get a renovated room over at THEhotel/Delano, it might be worth a few dollars a night. Especially if you can get into a V-Suite.

Most people think the standard rooms at MB are pretty nice and sometimes actually prefer them to the Bay Suites and Great Room Suites which are one notch above.

Any upgrades you can get for free would definitely be worth it.

3. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think THE hotel/Delano is out since they are schedule to open on Sept 1st, ahead of my dates.
    I was thinking the great room suite. Have tickets to MJ One, and wanted to stay at MB first night.

Moving down to SLS on other end of strip second night, and wrapping up at CP.

4. SBTX

SBTX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there last week. Had 2 nights comp'd at MB. At check in they only had 6th floor and lower available so I asked about an upgrade and she got us into a room at the Hotel (separate living area from the bedroom with a half bath) It's a nice room. I stayed in one in January. I had heard construction and noise might be a problem in the Hotel but it wasn't a problem at all. The construction may be why they are willing to upgrade to those rooms. It was on the 9th floor, not a great view but i like the room better than the regular room at MB although i think those rooms are good too.

5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THEhotel is a mess right now with construction, probably even worse then... might even be closed then.

They have some small suites the Great Room Suite and the Bay Suite (Spa Suite). That would probably be your best bet... but they aren't even that different. Deluxe room is 550 sqft, Bay Suite is 610.

I agree, the regular rooms at Mandalay are very spacious, and have a big bathtub and separate shower, 2 sinks... it's pretty nice. I wouldn't really feel the need to upgrade. Maybe a strip view if you can get it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.