1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Should I just book it?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by aaisack, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear a lot of talk from people about booking and canceling at certain strip properties.

The chances are probably less than 50% that I can make an August trip (already going for a week in July) but i'm getting some unusually generous offers from Boyd that would cover up to 7 nights of hotel. 2 nights hotel + freeplay at Orleans, 3 nights plus an entry into a 12,000 blackjack tournament at Sam's Town and 2 nights free at MSS.

Should I just book and cancel later if things don't work out? Will Boyd place security deposit holds on my bank account this far out for all 3 properties?

Thanks,
    Adam

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have the offer might as well book it. Some of my friends were talking about a bday trip in Nov. Right now I'm like 25% sure if i'll even go, but I looked at my comps and had 4 free nights at PH so I went ahead and booked it. Like you said you can always canel later.

3. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BOOK IT! Treat yourself.

4. wrxrob

wrxrob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just like Nike's marketing slogan.... Just DO it! :)

5. fossefritz

fossefritz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The hold wont do anything to your card until you check in

Through a host you won't even need a cc card at least I don't

6. Former Plaza Host

Former Plaza Host Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a norm, , it does not hurt anything to book and if need be cancel in a timely manner. I may be bias, but book with me first. lol And yes, I agree to treat yourself and enjoy. You can always call me.

7. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm going to book the 3 night weekend stay + BJ tournament at Sam's Town and wait on all the other offers until my July trip is over. I don't think I need to worry about the other offers getting overbooked. Going in September for a work conference as well so that would be one heck of a stretch... 5 trips over 7 months.

I'll certainly give you a call Feadolphus next time i'm looking to fill a couple days. I appreciate the upbeat attitude and responsiveness. The Boyd offers have been getting better, and I enjoy gambling at their properties, but so far the hosts there haven't been very responsive. Always nice to mix things up a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.