1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Timeshare with friend/not husband

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by lovetotravel, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovetotravel

lovetotravel Low-Roller

I have been to Vegas 20 times or so. I really wouldn't mind giving up 2 or 3 hours of a presentation to get free show tickets. I would bring my stopwatch...etc. However, on my next trip, I am going with a close friend, not my husband. Can she and I even listen to a sales pitch? Will they not offer it to us b/c our husbands aren't there?

Where should I go to listen to one? What shows are offered?

2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just make eye contact with one of them and they will stop you in your tracks.
    If not, simply walk up and ask.

There will be different offers, dinner, shows....
    To get the best you may have to compare.

If you tell them your husband isn't with you they may actually view that as a positive as its only one person they need to do their sales pitch to.

3. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They will talk to single women....not to single guys.

If you are going to go with a friend, you might as well each listen to a different sales rep and get two sets of parting gifts.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah it just doesn't seem worth my time! You would waste 3 hours of your vacation to get $50 show tickets?

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to Tix4Tonite and find a show that interests you and save your precious Vegas time! What if they stick you with a bad show or a poor smorgasbord of choices of shows?

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahhh... its so cute you think the stopwatch would matter :) :) :)

With a few of these presentations they drive you out to the middle of nowhere and then go through the sales pitch. When the presentation is over and they've had a chance to talk with you then you are free to leave... the catch is that their shuttle might not be: if they have a few groups of people there they might have to wait until everybody is done and maybe Mr and Mrs Jones over in that corner still aren't sure and Mr and Mrs Smith over in the other corner are still trying to figure out the financing... so yes, you can leave but to do you'll have to call a cab company, try to figure out where you are, wait until the taxi gets there (could be 20-45 minutes if you are a ways off strip) and then foot the bill for the fare back to The Strip.

Not all of them are like that, but a few are and if you are doing this for free show tickets you should find out what the show is first because if its just some second rate show you could probably pick up tickets at the discount ticket outlets for $15-25 each (you might even want to go to one of the ticket outlets and take a picture of the show listing with your camera and then when they say "The show is ______ at the _______" you can check your picture of the prices and see what the discount price is and then decide if its worth it.

7. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There must be people like my wife and I who get free show tickets every trip and just give them away to someone who likes nice. Ask here. If you are going to be in during 7/18-7/20 or 8/10-8/12 you can have 2 tickets to a selection of CET shows :)

8. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JUST REMEMBER TO SAY NO!

If by any chance you like what you are hearing, remember that you can buy timeshares for a almost nothing on the internet!

Examples:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trkparms=66%253A2%257C65%253A16%257C39%253A1&LH_Complete=1&_sc=1%7C1&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=timeshare+vegas&_sop=15

The ones in green sold!

Be aware of the terms, the maintenance fees, and other terms.

I personally think that 1 floating week a year, at Tahiti village, that can be split in two visits, for a one bedroom suite, is a great deal. If you go to Vegas 1 or 2 times a year, and rent a car when you are there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAHITI-VILLAGE-RESORT-SPA-LAS-VEGAS-NV-TIMESHARE-FREE-CLOSING-TRANSFER-USAGE-/221409330816?pt=Timeshares&hash=item338d064680

Closing and transfer paid for and $395 Maintenance Fees a year.

They would charge you $18,000+ for this at a presentation - and you would pay the annual fees.

You can get it for $1

JUST SAY NO!! The same goes for points, if they are trying to sell them, you can get it cheaper on the internet.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back as newlyweds 30+ years ago, we used to do driving vacations structured around timeshare presentations. All of the accommodations were very nice and it was not hard for me to say NO. But we did one in Arkansas and they did exactly this. Drove us out to the middle of nowhere and they did the high pressure sales job and we were trapped. It took forever to finally get back to our hotel.

10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Life is too short ...

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with that now, but in our 20s and just starting out, it made sense and we stayed at some very nice places in TX, FL, AK, AZ, TN and NC. Some places we had to sit for 90 minutes, others they realized they were wasting our time and theirs and we were done in 30 minutes, but still got the rooms free.

12. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wasn't referring to your tale, Joe.

13. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a case like Joe's where you are getting pretty much the whole vacation or the free nights free is one thing... but for some show tickets its just not worth it.

Those in time management would say that while on vacation you should value your time at triple what you normally get paid per hour working. So if you make $25 per hour, as an example, you should value your vacation time at $75 per hour and if this is going to suck up 2-3 hours from two people then unless you are getting at least $300-400 worth out of it you are pretty much cheating yourself.

14. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That right there. Good stuff.

I might add that if there is "squander-able" time on any vacation, maybe a change in locale or activities is in order.

15. lovetotravel

lovetotravel Low-Roller

Thanks for all the feedback. Still wondering my original question.....do they present without my husband present?

16. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree 99.9% that this is a waste of time and the tickets aren't worth the effort.

If you really want to do it, tell them that you and your friend are a couple. They still may ask to see matching addresses.

If this is your first Vegas trip, sit and people watch. It's more entertaining than being trapped in a timeshare presentation.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.