1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vdara...and then?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by chl1, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chl1

chl1 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone-

So next week I am staying at Vdara, and I decided to add on a couple extra nights- but when I called MLife, those rates have skyrocketed and I wanted to find somewhere more reasonable on the extra nights...I do find it a real pain to change hotels in some ways, but I figured out what I can do, is stay at Caesars, Tropicana (yes, I know…), or Palms for a reasonable rate, and just book the room the night before I check out at Vdara to make life easier…I also saw a great rate at Mandalay through their Facebook offer- but I don’t know if I could do that since they are MLife properties…or can I? Caesars is also closer…What is Tropicana like nowadays? I did stay there years ago before their facelift and haven’t seen the place since their remodel, so I don’t know what it is like now..

2. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a little confused regarding the Mandalay/MLife reference. Why can't you stay at a MLife property?

I booked the Vdara for my trip in three weeks about eight weeks ago and those prices have really, really skyrocketed. Didn't pay much attention to the other properties and their prices, but I'm a fan of The Signature and they seem to always have great / lower rates than everyone else (and it's a really nice property to boot).

I haven't stayed at the Tropicana in twenty years, but there's nothing wrong with trying something new if the price is right.

Good luck.

3. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

You can book as many mlife props as you want so long as 2 or more are not full comps (without going through a host). If all the rooms are reduced rate, then you could book a room at every mlife hotel, if you want.

4. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This stuff can be confusing!...for example can you book a promotion at Bellagio through MLife, and then book a promotion at Signature for a couple of nights separately through their hotel and not through MLife, starting from the night before that you check out at Bellagio?

5. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

You will need to read the fine print for each. If the promo is just for a reduced rate, you should. I have booked two comp room offers back-to-back once before, by accident, when i did not know you are not supposed to. I had called VIP services to book a free room offer at MGM and then booked a free room offer from the mlife website for the Mirage. At the end of my trip, when i went to the Host office, the Host said, technically, i was not supposed to be able to book two comp room offers back-to-back.

So, reduced rate rooms, book as many rooms as you want, for as long as you can get the rate. For fully comped rooms, there is supposed to be a 48 or 72 hour (forgot which) break between the offers. Comp room + reduced rate room, you can do as well...same time, overlapping days, and/or extended days.

6. fingolfin269

fingolfin269 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you checked priceline for the dates you want to add? You might be able to find a good express deal or if you know they system you can try bidding for a good deal. What dates are you looking to add?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.