1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Week After Labor Day - Best Value and Chance for Upgrade

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by north east j, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking a Vegas Virgin with me for a 4 day trip starting on Labour Day. He stayed for 2 nights with his wife & 4 small kids at Circus Circus a few years ago, but didn't really do anything. I consider him a VV.

He will be a super low roller - we will go do a few poker tourneys, golf, and walk around the strip. Pretty mellow - but he will want to have fun. I will probably bring 1000-1500 for the trip

....and of course, we will have to bring the wives home a present.

I have gone a dozen times or so - try to stay somewhere different each time - usually do 2 nights a hotel to get free rooms. We will be rooming together -so need 2 queens.

Here are my options for free rooms: (places I haven't stayed in bold)

CET - Ballys, Flamingo, Harrahs
    Mlife - Mirage (2 nights) MGM Grand (1 night)
    MyVegas - I have 350000 points - so can book 2 nights for anything for Aria, MGM Grand, NY NY, Excalibur, Monte Carlo, Mandalay Bay

So my questions are -

where is the best place for a couple of married guys to have 'lame' Vegas fun?

and which of these hotels will have give me the best chance of getting a free or $20 trick upgrade?

Never gone this week, so i don;t know how busy it will be...

Would appreciate any input!

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely Bally's....easy to get an upgrade to one of the new Jubilee rooms. Bally's also have larger rooms than most hotels and easier for 2 guys to move around / suitcases. We like the location best....connected to Paris & close walking to so many great places. If a great pool is important....maybe Flamingo but their rooms are somewhat smaller. Mirage or MGM would be good for the other 2 nites....different locations - just decide if you want to go north or south....lol.

We have only been in LV once the week after Labor Day but didn't notice big crowds....just normal. I would book soon just in case there are conventions .....

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM is fun, always something going on in there. Also it was completely remodeled top to bottom. That's a good week to go.. it's always slow after a holiday. You never know about upgrades.. just gotta chance it! Something like MGM has a lot of room types, and suites, and views... seems like there would be a good shot. Pretty good spot for walking too. Last time we stayed there we just left the car in the garage and walked everywhere.

Ballys, Flamingo, Harrah's.. are all so meh and old. Also Bally's and Flamingo are going to be blasted by the Cromwell noise, I'd beware if I was staying there. Also not impressive at all to show your friend.. I know I think about that when I'm bringing a virgin.

Also keep in mind, you wanna upgrade, but you need 2 beds. Most suites don't have 2 beds. I'd look at an Executive Queen Suite at MGM. Give you guys more room.. None of those other hotels mentioned have 2 bed suites.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at Bally's in late March in a Jubilee room and never heard any noise from the work in front of the hotel or from Cromwell. Had friends stay at Flamingo a couple of weeks ago and had a room on the Linq side & said they didn't experience any noise issues either. Think it might be an issue if you are facing that building...not sure.

5. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Ballys (Jubilee) or even the Flamingo with the upgrade to a Go room. IMO both have excellent locations and your friend will be right in the middle of it all. Have a great "lame" Vegas time!

6. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you have a Virgin along for the ride, I personally like MGM or Mirage. I wouldn't want to go too budget, and both places will have good pool options.

I have never stayed at Bally's, but I understand the recommendations based on your criteria: really good location, great shot at an upgrade, plus it gives you a shot for a first-time stay at the property.

7. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the input. Glad to hear that my guess is right and that its dead on week after long weekend. Hopefully that will translate into a good car deal and or upgrade as well!

I am a big pool guy, dont know about my buddy.....so thats why Mirage and MGM was appealing. Got propositioned way too much by hookers when I went sans wife to Flamingo for work, but pool is ok and they upgraded me to Go room on top floor when I went 2 years ago.

Love location of Ballys...hows construction status of it though?

8. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats a great point! That might be the deciding factor. Thanks Heather!

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ballys is full of construction still I believe? The front will be torn up for a while!

You're welcome!

10. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would vote for The Mirage. I will probably be out there that same week (hello NFL betting!) and the chance of the $20 working is high when talking about getting upgraded to tower deluxe (24th/25th) floor.

Pool scene is good...nice restaurants...great location with the easy walk over Caesar's, V/P, WynnCore, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.