1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D or the Golden Gate?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Drambler, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm fond of the dancing dealers at both the D and the Golden Gate. One trip I thought the D was better, next trip I had more fun at The Golden Gate. I do not find the D to be too loud. I get free offers from both places. If you had to choose where to stay, what would it be? I am probably going to stay at one of them. I stayed at the Gate once and the bathroom was horrible. But that was years ago. I assume they've fixed that problem with the remodel. What are your thoughts, VMB?

2. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say the D. Possible slowness with elevators but the rooms are pretty nice. I've never stayed at the Golden Gate but based on pictures the rooms are tiny and very noisy at all times. FSE or dumpster pick up etc.

I'm not one to be in the room a lot but early morning noise is not good.

3. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at both hotels.

Although I play at both & enjoy both, the D rooms are MUCH nicer & MUCH quieter, and the rooms are cooler at the D.

4. Piasared

Piasared Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mind you I have never been in a regular room. But find the suites at GG quieter. Either one is a great place to gamble. My only problem with TheD was my suite sounded like the soundstage . It over looked FSE and was on the 10th floor.

5. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think they did any updates to the GG's room washrooms during the remodel. They are still the same, some worse than others. The suites at GG are nice but they are non smoking if that matters to you. (This was as of last April.)

The D has nice rooms and the location is great.

6. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [duplicate-post]
    That was weird!

7. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're going solo, then there's nothing wrong with GG...the regular rooms are quite small, and bathrooms are the smallest I've ever been in - basically, a closet with a toilet & shower. But if you're a guy & not sharing the room, it's a "no big deal" sort of thing - and, I should add, the beds are extremely comfortable! I asked for a room as far from FSE noise as possible. They put me in 426 (I think?...4th floor, window facing the Plaza cab-stand), and I had no trouble sleeping.

'theD' has a more "downtown-standard" room...perhaps a bit larger. Comparable to the Plaza rooms since the remodel.
    If you're sharing a room, or need a bathroom counter or a bathtub, then you want 'theD'.

(PS - the elevators at 'theD' are slow, but nowhere near "Imperial Palace slow"!)

8. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I am leaning towards the D. I may call and see if I can't get a host to see what they are looking for to get a suite. Thanks for the replies!

9. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rooms are nicer at the D, but it's a much quicker elevator ride to your room at GG. Besides the bathrooms generally tiny and archaic at GG (which has already been mentioned), that's the only difference for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.