1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does Main Street Station have a pool?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Ty, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I googled it. Guests can use the roof-top pool at California. How is it? Looks small. I've never been to a roof-top pool so that might be neat. Any thoughts?

2. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    image.jpg

Very small and not much of a view. On the plus side, no fighting for lounge chairs.

3. VegasRandy

VegasRandy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That pool is the definition of "afterthought."

4. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i was just there last week, the pool is exactly as pictured, it's also on the 3rd floor "rooftop", not the real rooftop. I checked it out, there were 2 or 3 people hanging out.

5. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's good if you're just looking to catch some rays before getting your day started and don't want to be around a lot of people. There's maybe 3 or 4 people at any given time. Bring water or your beverage of choice though, because there's only vending machines if you need something to drink. There's a few tables and chairs in the shaded area of the picture that northerngirl posted.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just know if you want to use it, you have to go to the Cal front desk to get a card to swipe at the pool door if you're staying at MSS. I have been there and the door was propped open, but why chance it.

7. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister(s) and son go every August and have stayed exclusively at The CAL for the past five plus years. We start every morning meeting at the pool from 8:30-11:00. For us it is the perfect way to start our Vegas day....we bring a small cooler with pop and snacks (no charging us outrageous prices for refreshments). It is a nice quiet area to reflect on the previous days activities and have some good laughs on things that happened (usually pertaining to my son's misfortunes). When my son first started meeting us for our annual trip, he would stay at the Golden Nugget. We actually prefer the CAL pool.....no fighting for squeezed together lounge chairs, not being able to take our own refreshments in the pool area, and it doesn't matter what this 60 plus year old body looks like in a swimsuit.

Our upcoming August trip, the sisters and I will be spending the first three nights at The Plaza.....haven't stayed there since the renovations. I will be curious to see if the Plaza pool area has been updated yet.

8. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And for guys like me that have a personal policy against taking our shirts off in public

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.