1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Father's Day Brunch/Dinner

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Electroguy563, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, I can't believe this. My family was planning on having a Father's Day Dinner/Brunch at the Hawaii Prince Hotel this Father's Day. The family took a vote and majority wanted Dinner over Brunch.

Price is $60.00 per person. For either dinner or brunch. But get this. Brunch has NO CRABLEGS!! Only dinner has it but both brunch and dinner is the same price! Upon inspection of both menus, there is nothing out of the ordinary as far as dishes you would expect from a high end buffet.

Then we couldn't get early seating for dinner. We got last seating which is at 8:00. So my wife booked the brunch instead. I get upset because I refuse to go to a 60 dollar brunch with no fricken crablegs. Pay 60 dollars for waffles, bacon, eggs, and a prime rib? I don't think so.:kill:

Now my family is mad at me and calls me party pooper Daddy...:poke:

I don't care!!:thumbsup::beer:

2. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Electroguy, I always thought you were from Hawaii and now living in Vegas. But anyway, I totally agree. After trying many different buffets in vegas nothing compares here in Hawaii. The few buffets I've been to in Hawaii were so sad to say the least and I feel like I'm being ripped off. I feel sorry for Hawaii residents who don't know anything else. The last buffet I went to was at the Willows and I was so disappointed. For the price it was almost a joke. Everyone else was so excited about it!:vomit:

On the other hand, I've read in another post somewhere how someone was so excited about eating at a Panda Express somewhere in the mainland and was excited about the orange chicken. I pass by Pandas all the time without a second thought.

3. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yep, just went to Willows last week, not worth the price. Pretty sad, actually, it was so slow on a Sat. nite that after eating we just sat and talked and was there for 3 hours! Waiters and mgt. didn't mind. For the price I wouldn't care to return. Staff were very nice and friendly, though.:beer:

4. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have an AMEX Platinum or Centurion card? If so, try to see if the concierge can get you a better time during the dinner hours. I've had some success in the past with them finding space at "sold-out" restaurants, but it really depends on whether or not the Hawaii Prince Hotel blocks several tables for "special guests".

5. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh well, it's still gonna happen. Father's Day is here and my family still plans to go to the Hawaii Prince Hotel's Father's Day Brunch. :grrr:

There will be 13 of us. My two oldest daughters and their "significant other" (yes, kids nowadays like to have children but don't want the responsibility that goes with marriage..) my grandchildren, my youngest single daughter and my wife and myself.

Not to mention my oldest daughter's "significant other" plans to bring his children from a "previous relationship".:grrr:

And get this. I get to pay for this whole f*%kin family gathering. Awww... what a nice Daddy....:grrr:

Happy Father's Day to all you Fathers out there who have children that understands what the meaning of Father's Day is!:thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  6. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to be a good man...."dad we're going out to eat for Fathers Day and you are paying...even for people who have no relationship to you". Enjoy your day and be glad you have a family around you.

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a time to lead and a time to follow... this is a chance to follow a family who obviously loves you very much! Pick-up the tab with a smile Dad and have a good time!

8. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think those freeloaders should open up their wallets and throw some $$ into the pot. Even if you're a "man of means" to me it's not the idea. You dont sound to happy and I dont blame you.Sounds like you may have to charter a bus soon . Is that hotel the Hawaian Princess by chance??The old classic pink hotel.

9. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O.k., I was venting, and selfishly feeling a little sorry for myself. I do love them all. Thanks for bringing me back to my senses.

I will pick up the tab with a smile, and have a good time.:thumbsup::beer:

10. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not but I do love them dearly. I was venting. Over it now.:eek: The old classic pink hotel you are referring to is called the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. It's right smack in the middle of Waikiki.

The Hawaii Prince is adjacent to the Ala Wai Boat Harbor at the entrance to Waikiki and is close to Ala Moana Shopping Center and Magic Island.

11. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank You. I try to be a good man. I have a ways to go. I am blessed with this family and I do love them.:nworthy:

12. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My son had us over for a cookout ,good time was had by all . All I had to do was show up,eat,drink, smoke the good cigar they had,,say thanks and go home. Oh, and the scratch-off lottery ticket they put in the card paid $20. Simple stuff for a simple average jerseyguy.

13. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Things done from the heart are priceless and precious. It's the thought that counts. Good memories. Glad you had a great time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.