1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vacation style -- repeat or research?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A post elsewhere got me thinking.

If you've been a place X times and find something you like -- a beach, a restaurant, a show, what not -- are you inclined to go back on the next visit(s) or mix it up?

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not factoring Vegas into this because that's a whole 'nother animal.

I always like to have a "go to" place and then use the rest of vacation time for a new adventure. My family went to Cape May NJ every summer when I was a kid. Even when we moved away we still visited in the summer to meet up with the other family members there. We knew the place and had our routines and habits set.

If I didn't have the option of taking multiples and had to pick ol' reliable or a new spot I'd be more inclined to seek out something new. Or do an every other year type deal.

3. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always a combo.
    Stick with what works, but always try something new.
    Some new things will sometimes make it to the top of the "stick with what works" list. (This is directed toward places to eat.)

4. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on what it is. If it's a show then probably not. If it's a beach or restaurant then yes.

5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not rich and want to get the most out of my vacation so I tend to stick with what I know I like best. That way I can ensure a good time and not waste money.

From reading your posts it sounds like you have traveled the world and have seen everything, if I were you I would go where I know I'm gonna have a good time.

6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol

No, not traveled the world and we're not rich either. Plenty of folks here have seen way more than moi. We're just lucky to travel a lot, even be it just a few days off in the City or Palm Springs. We certainly have some cycles of repeat but try not to have a checklist, particularly when it concerns places we frequent often.

7. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have our tried and true favorite spots that we try to always hit, but we also try to mix in a few new spots for variety.

8. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something new. Or, something I saw many years ago but am now seeing with my husband and as an adult - different experience completely. i love to research (heck, I love it so much I made a career out of it ;-) and I love to travel and find new places.

There are a handful of places I return to - the town where I went to high school, every 5 years we go back for my reunion. Asheville NC is on a bit of a repeat cycle now - it leads the list of places we wouldn't mind retiring. My husband's annual trade show is on a cycle of Orlando/Vegas/New Orleans but now Vegas has pissed them off so they're going back to Atlanta (ick) and Anaheim.

9. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been a fair amount of places considering I'm just a average everyday slob,,the military sent me to a few spots as a wide eyed 18 year old that I probably couldnt go to otherwise. I've seen parts of Europe and been on a lot of cruises to the Caribbean and HI and took our kids to just about every theme park on the East Coast. Besides Vegas have been to a lfew places out West in AZ,CA, UT and down South so if I die tomorrow I cant say I never went anywhere. The two things I really wanted to see was the Panama Canal and Monaco. and the French Riviera so I saw those .

10. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always visit a few favorites and try at least 3 new things.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.