1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Birthstone Collectible Quest

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by sandman748, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those that are wondering the end result of this quest is some collectible icon thingy that has no value whatsoever and a mini bonus game where you roll the dice and collect chips. Each time you roll you get more chips and its supposedly possible to roll too many times and only get half the chips.

I ended up with the biggest amount and it was just short of 300k in chips. Took me 182 spins at 8k = 1.45 Million ish chips to complete the quest. All said and done I was down about 200k when I finally finished after a really bad run where I almost didnt finish the quest.

2. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, sandman. I was holding off until someone reported on this. Definitely disappointing, especially because they've been holding off so long for another double LP/XP. They've had a single double XP event since May 20th, I believe, and even that was only 4 hours.

For those who have played this game longer than the 3 months I have, does this sound like a change in strategy away from double XPs/LPs?

3. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dumbest game ever. I didn't even get as large of reward as you. Only about 70k for the next to the last step. So annoyed. Level 353. Started with 630k ended with 290k after the "bonus". Told myself I shouldn't play, but did. Assume the collectible/trophy is a "lol cute" thing?

4. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The frequent double LP/XPs is actually pretty different from when they first started. For the first year you would only see those once a month or less often than that.

5. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, on a positive note, at least they've decidedly blown off recognizing Father's Day. For sure us fathers suck more than ever:)

6. swuulumm

swuulumm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried the bonus today;;; and finished it with 50k less than I started..

was okay to test it once... never again though.....

7. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love this one, especilly witht he new bonus game at the end

Started it with 388 000 and finished it with 965 000 started playing at 1000 per spin did good moved up to 2000 per spin did good moved up to 4000 per spin did even better + 84000 in the dice game at the end

8. GamezRulez

GamezRulez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never thought I would break-even of all things.

I am but a mere Level 50, and had about 200k before starting this event. I did a comfortable 600 per spin on Excalibur 2 and 400 per spin on Reel Chef for most of the time. Later on, especially towards the end of the third section, my luck was fading and I fell to a lingering 92k when I finally got the last hammer. I had no idea what to expect from the bonus game and whether or not it was going to be worth the trouble.

I don't know why I didn't figure out that it was basically the Cliffhangers game from the Price is Right just by looking at the Birthstone screen until I actually got to play the bonus. Except for the fact that you're trying to get as close to the cliff as possible, not as far away from it.

So being at Level 50 I'd imagine my bonuses are not nearly as great as you Level 100+ out there. First roll landed a 6, for 15k. The second roll was a 3, for another 21k, for a combined 36k. Now it's multiplier territory, either 2x, 3x, or 1/2x. I really thought about it at first... and then decided the loss would not be bad enough to warrant not taking a chance. So I did. Last roll... a 3, for a 3x multiplier! That makes a grand total of 108k, eerily bringing me back to the 200k I previously had as if nothing happened. I am.. relieved, to say the least.

When I got the last hammer I thought for sure the bonus would not make up for my losses and that I would lose some good chips from this event. And then I would tell myself why I did this event in the first place, especially when we're overdue for a double XP/LP. Oh well, alls well that ends well I suppose. At least I was able to hit the daily LP limit for the day. :)

Now the question is... should I press my luck a second time or hold off for the remainder of this event and stockpile some chips?

9. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, what happened to Betrock...that game has been a chip sucker lately. Lost 350k chips in 175 spins betting 3,000 (525k XP) and haven't even cleared the second puzzle.

10. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An update on today's (terrible) quest.

1st puzzle - 48k XP
    2nd puzzle - 756k XP
    To get first "collectible" on final puzzle - 50k XP
    Then I quit.

I know its irrelevant but lost 400k chips at Betrock in 285 spins @ 3k (855k XP).

I should have learned my lesson from past quests, but I didn't. Never again.

11. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first day I finished up 500k chips, and today was up 150k. I have no problems with this quest at all!

12. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    first day i startedwith 36k 3k spin first spin ex cal2 got 131k built up to 300k- then started sucking chips-i switched to monster maniacs 6k a spin- finished quest and had 320k- i landed on the x3 multiplier add got 700k - started today with 1m done well for a while then all the games were sucking chips big time- i barely finished the quest and had only 60k when i finished - i won 400k on the multiplier x1 what a rollercoaster- i dont think 460k will be enough to do tomorrows quest -:wink2::beer::beer:

13. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first day I completed both parts of the quest with the exception of the birthstone quest. Personally, I hardly ever finish the total quest. I'm at level 105, prioir to begining the quest I was level 102. So I have done fairly well by my standards. Hopefully, I'll be able to complete at least 1 enitre quest.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.