1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Plaza beer garden was closed

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Joe, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know the story, but it was closed over the weekend and all the outdoor furniture was gone. We walked inside and all the tables and chairs were set to form a fence-like setting to keep people out.:confused2:

2. number5sports

number5sports Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We walked by there not too long ago. No one was in there and it didn't look too inviting. We passed. I wouldn't be shocked if they were out of business already.

3. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I walked by it last week and all it was was old picnic tables on astroturf, just another idea that they did badlly.

4. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, if it really is closing down, that was a short lived idea.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoping the Plaza host who posts here will give an explanation, but the only thing left outside was grass.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not much happening there May 6 - 12 either but wasn't sure if that was the usual business load or something unusual. There was furniture around and about but again, as stated above, on Astroturf....(?)...didn't see the draw.....

7. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stopped in during my April trip. This might have been a good idea 5+ years ago before craft beers were widely available. I had a quick Shiner Bock (not available in NE) and looked over the beet list. Nothing that I haven't tried before and for quite a bit more than my local.

Maybe if it wasn't associated with the Plaza and wasn't overlooking lovely Main Street..........

I take great comfort knowing that there are folks out there that make me feel like I'm not the dumbest idiot in the room

8. Earthman

Earthman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there yesterday evening. I had seen someone watering in fresh turf earlier in the day. The bartendress told me that the original grass had died because someone had unplugged the automatic watering system - she thought that it might have been one of the McDonald's employees. She said that as soon as the new grass was established, they were going to move in fewer tables and cooling misters, as well as some kind of a beanbag game, and even beer pong. It's not that bad out there once the sun has passed behind the tower. The bratwurst was pretty good, too. I don't think they're done just yet.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  9. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saturday night at 10pm, the bar was open, but no one was outside. There was 1 person sitting at the bar....

10. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully they will read the comments and make adjustments. Those misters will make a big difference.

11. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's depressing.

12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Were there any tables outside on Saturday, because there weren't any earlier in the day.

13. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't recall there being tables out there at all during my stay from Sat through Wednesday. I had a good view of it from my room, and don't remember ever seeing anyone out there. I cannot imagine it being open very long with only 1 patron on a Saturday night....

14. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only access to this from inside the Plaza? When I stayed there in late April it was open one evening when I walked by to MSS, with a few people outside. The inside is almost looks like it's a part of the food court; instead of a counter to order your sub/taco/Big Mac, there's an actual bartop with some stools.

15. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that's it. The inside is very small, and does resemble a food court of sorts. You go through that seating area to access the outside "garden" area.

16. prodaddy

prodaddy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it is open but little others have said....no one in the place hardly ever and the outside is devoid of furniture. Doesnt look hopeful.

17. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I passed by this past weekend. On the outside they have picnic tables with shades covering the tables. At 3 in the afternoon someone was watering the grass (real) in the area. The guy also mentioned the problem with sprinklers and now because of the heat are watering the place regularly. I also agree, they need misters before anyone sits outside. Inside they had 3 or 4 people at the bar drinking.

When I passed by (mcd's side) they had a couple of piles of dead grass strips so I'm not sure if they just replaced all the grass with new ones.

18. OK Pabst

OK Pabst Grinder

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Joe
    Did you check out the Banger?

19. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were going to try it, but you know how things sometimes go in Vegas. We never made it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.