1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Difference between rooms in same Hotel

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by peterjgp, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterjgp

peterjgp Newbie

Hello,

I wonder what the difference is between rooms in the same hotel.
    For example:
    - the MGM Grand has a Mid Week Comp Room for 47.500 LP and one for 85.500
    - the Mandalay Bay has Mid Week Comp Room for 67.500 LP and one for 121.500

Do you get a different room for this LP's?

Second question. What kind of room do you get for your LP's?
    Can you choose when you book at the hotel?

Third question. I leave for Las Vegas in october. When are the new dates available at MyVegas?

Kind regards Peter

2. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't the price difference has to do with ''Bonus dates'' so you can only book for that amount of LP's on the dates specified?

3. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

The difference should be for "Bonus" as above. The cheaper one should say Mid Week Comp Room Bonus. There are different dates you can use the rewards, if you click the reward there is a link to view dates- the link takes you to a page for that hotel with links to regular and bonus, so make sure you look at the correct calendar. If the dates work for you the Bonus are a better deal because they cost less LP and you can purchase multiple of the reward, which allows consecutive bookings. You can only purchase one of the non-bonus so you can only get one night. No matter what they need to be booked individually, but if you have all your redemption codes you call the MyVegas number and they can do the bookings for you and link them together (or at least that is what they told me, I have only booked but my stay hasn't occurred yet),

The rooms are specified in the terms and conditions, for example the MGM Grand room is a Petite King (also known as a West Wing King) and the Mandalay Bay is for a Deluxe Room (king or queen, they didn't let me specify when I booked). Usually they are for their lowest level rooms. I have heard you can inquire when booking about paying a fee to upgrade to a different room but I did not. I booked at Mandalay Bay and I got an email a week or two later offering some different upgrade options- I don't know if this is always the case or not. Some people have mentioned in forums automatically getting upgraded to a better room at check-in (for example at MGM going from West Wing King to Grand King, which my understanding is MUCH nicer but again that is all an unknown).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.