1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"Penis tax"

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by MrPogi, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrPogi

MrPogi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I enjoy going to nightclubs, but I despise having to pay a cover charge because I am a man, while my wife gets in free. I'm sure if clubs charged women and let men in free, women would raise holy hell about it.

Can anyone suggest some clubs that don't have a cover charge? Or no cover for locals?

2. TwiceTheJava

TwiceTheJava Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of many, many reasons why I don't do clubs. Does it have to be a club, or are you both open to a lounge type of place?

3. MrPogi

MrPogi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife wants to dance - so as long as there is danceable music and a good crowd. Open to all suggestions!

4. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, but I see it at a vagina discount. It just depends on your frame of reference. Without the penis tax, could you imagine what a sausage fest it would be?

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

are u a local with nevada state drivers licences

6. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree completely. There's already WAY more than enough dong at most clubs.

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used to have great ladies nights in San Diego.

Ladies would get in free and get good deals on drinks.

Some guys filed a lawsuit and it effectively ended the ladies nights forever.

If a sausage fest is what you seek, then this is the fastest way to get one.

8. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Put some lipstick on and tuck your penis inbetween your legs Buffalo Bill style and save yourself $20 bucks.

9. dtm615

dtm615 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what happens at the bars and clubs I go to. You're right, the ladies don't like it, but when part of the attraction of the place is that the men aren't interested in you, what do you expect?

10. MrSandsman

MrSandsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, a very attractive female friend of mine recently lamented that one thing she dislikes about being in a relationship is that she now has to start paying for her own drinks when she goes out!

It is a fact of life - free entry and drinks is probably more than equalled out by cost of the tubs of make-up and hair product they go through:)

11. sirdeez

sirdeez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boo hoo... that's how it works. Same thing with open bar, blah blah. Bars want guys who are going to spend money, and the way they get them in there is with ladies who don't!

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

If I owned a club I'd not only make it free for girls but I'd keep raising the cover for guys until the girl/guy ratio was like 5 to 1. That way even those of us with no game have a good chance of hooking up. I'd be like Robin Hood except instead of taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor I'd be taking chicks from the studs and giving them to the geeks.

13. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    how very "Weird Science" of you :thumbsup:

14. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Years ago a bar here in God's country wanted to do a ladies night promotion, but feared some sort of lawsuit. (The bar was very conscientious about every law and business practice that could affect its liquor license.) So the bar promoted "no hairy legs night," or something like that.

Sure enough, this weird older dude who came to the bar by himself on a periodic basis, and seemed to be a bit socially challenged, showed up with shaven legs in order to get the promotional deal, whatever it was.

15. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats why i dont do clubs in Vegas

Where im from guys/girls you all pay the same cover to get it, im stereotyping but usually its the girls who like to dance and listen/watch the DJ they should be paying to get in

16. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are many reasons why Vegas nightclubs make the money they do, because guys are trying to get laid and letting women in and giving them free drinks gives them a better advantage.

17. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just hire a hooker and call it a day. Sometimes it's cheaper than buying drinks and bringing a girl out. :thumbsup:

18. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My girlfriend is Latina. She came out of the womb dancing.

So she always wants to go dancing. I'm white. I have no rhythm whatsoever.

When we went to Vegas the first two times she wanted to go dancing and it didn't happen. I wasn't going to stand in line to maybe get in or have to grease some bouncers palm with a Benjamin to get in quicker. So I had to compromise.

She got the Amex and went shopping as my trade off .... why is Jimmy Choo so expensive??

19. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dealt with it back in college. It was only a difference of something like $3 vs $5 or you paid a higher cover if under 21 but the fact was the girls were in there and not at my apartment so in there I went.

20. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    eyecandy at mgm. lounge with a dancefloor and dj...nice club feel. just watch out for the Michael Jackson look alike that is aways there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.