1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET - Can I Double Book Hotel Rooms?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by north east j, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone,

I have read a lot about people booking overlapping or double booking rooms on here. Wondering if I can do something similar.

Our favorite airline carrier is charging $175/person more for flights alone than for their vacation packs down to Vegas, but you either stay at the Quad or in a low end room at Ballys, etc. I would like to use my TR points to score a nicer room for free. This is for 3 or 4 night stay starting on Labor Day or the day afterwards.

Will a hotel accept my 2nd booking for free 2nd room on TR, or is it smarter to either try $20 trick, or just booking an MGM property instead? I have 280k in myvegas points to do so as well as a few free room offers...

Any advice would be appreciated!

2. PPtraderal

PPtraderal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a TR card try logging in to your account and look at the rates. They are pretty liberal with free and discounted rooms. The site will show all rates for Las Vegas properties for the designated period you key in. It's a bit awkward to use the site, but you should do better using the card. Good luck. AL c,

3. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Id expect you are fine if you don't put your TR # on the flight package (maybe not even possible). For all they know it is just 2 people with the same name which happens all the time (not that I would expect them to try and check for that anyways)

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In your case: yes.

The first reservation is with a third party company and the second reservation would be with Total Rewards so they are two entirely separate bookings, plus the first reservation will be considered paid for.

If it was something like you logged in to the Total Rewards website and booked Paris comped for three nights September 1-3 and then tried to book Planet Hollywood through the TR website for the same September 1-3 they wouldn't let you do that

As far as booking one place and then booking somewhere else: one thing to consider is resort fees: if you have to pay for 4 nights resort fees at once place and then 4 nights in resort fees at another place it can add up and cut in to the savings... also you should check if you have to check in to the first room or if you can just not show up at all. If you have to show up and check in to the first hotel, that came with the flight package, then you have to consider time wasted going to the first hotel and checking in plus the costs to get to the second hotel and the time to check in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.