1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from the Texas Hill Country

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by mbarra, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbarra

mbarra Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bride (Cassidy) and I have been to Vegas 10 times together. I proposed to her on our very first trip together there in 2003. We share this profile and love to read all of the great trip reports from other fans of Vegas.

We're on our way to Vegas June 27th - July 2nd. Cassidy wanted to try something new so we're staying at the Cosmopolitan.

Despite the upcoming trip to Cosmo, our usual "home base" is the Mirage. We’ve also stayed at:
    NY NY
    Imperial Palace
    Rio
    Barbary Coast
    Paris
    Orleans
    Bellagio
    Flamingo (sort of)

Looking forward to contributing our own TR when we get back!

2. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are going to LOVE staying at the Cosmo. The rooms are fantastic. Make sure you get a terrace room, pay extra if you need to. It's worth it.

If you've not had it before, try a slice of Secret Pizza, it's good stuff.

Have a great trip!

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board!! Good luck & have a great trip. Please let us know all about it!!

4. mbarra

mbarra Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suekel - We did! We got the Terrace One Bedroom Fountain View. That room is the main reason the bride wanted to stay at the Cosmo this trip. And we'll definitely check out Secret Pizza. Thanks for the tip!

5. AnAmericanTexanInVegas

AnAmericanTexanInVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome, fellow Texan!
    Have a great trip!

6. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is another tip: Since you have that amazing room, pick up your drink of choice - bottle of wine, 6 pack of beer, bottle of spirits with mixer, whatever - and spend 45 mins or so just hanging out on the balcony in the evening, watching the fountain shows, sipping a drink and talking. My husband and I did this when we stayed there last Christmastime, and it was great. Vegas can be a lot of running around here and there, and to slow down and take some time together like that was actually pretty romantic.

ETA - that is the same room we stayed in. Speaking of romantic, the shower and tub are pretty great too!! :blowkiss:

7. mbarra

mbarra Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great idea! Jaeger shots on the balcony with the fountain show is now on the itinerary. And Cassidy already had plans for the tub. With any luck, I'll get invited!

8. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello and welcome to y'all from a central Texas neighbor!
    One of our favorite places to stay is also the Mirage along with Bellagio.
    Look forward to your take of the Cosmo as we may give it a whirl one of these days..although Mirage treats us so well that's it's hard for us to think of staying elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.