1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CX to Strip?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by progrocker2112, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See lots of threads on the WAX, but couldn't find anything with a search for taking the CX to the strip. I guess the downside it only goes to terminal 3 and is therefore a bit less convenient...but anyways:

I'm arriving on Friday for a last second booked trip (this seems to be a recurring theme around here lately) on Southwest scheduled for 2:30 PM arrival. From my understanding I can go down to zero level, take a terminal bus to terminal 3 which is also at zero level so that the CX bus stop will be right there, and RTC is currently showing northbound departures at 3 and 3:30 so I shouldn't wait long even if I miss the first one. I can take that to the Sands/LVB stop by Fashion Show mall, and then walk south to the Mirage by 4 or 4:30. I will have only my Swiss Gear backpack for luggage.

Are there any gaping holes in this plan? Will just taking a shuttle for 7 plus tip take a significantly less amount of time (which I guess is always a crapshoot)?

2. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a sound plan!

I would do what you propose instead of the $7 shuttle (hurry up & wait!).

It is a bit of a walk from the stop close to FSM, but not really bad -- just walk past Treasure Island, then to Mirage.

Actually, there used to be a monorail between T.I. & Mirage.

3. progrocker2112

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Genius. So it looks like I just continue walking on Spring Mountain after I get off, cross at Mel Torme and it's right there! Thanks!

edit: Or better yet, just turn around and take the escalator and walkway into TI and walk through the A/C.

4. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha! Walking through the AC at T.I. is a bright idea!

It didn't cross my mind because I was taking the CX from downtown & getting out near Sands/LV Blvd in January. But right now, that AC would be sweet.

5. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walk into TI and get the tram to Mirage. Less walking, more AC.

6. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. progrocker2112

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you try this route it takes 30 minutes to get from airport to fashion show. The shuttle to terminal 3 is kind of weird, when you get off you have to turn around and walk far past taxi stand and rental shuttle to get to cx, wax stop. In terminal 1 the bus stop is right by the terminal shuttle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.