1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tell us about the High Roller

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by DonnyC, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you done the High Roller? - tell us about it

There also seems to be some interesting pricing on the website https://www.caesars.com/thelinq/high-roller.html

The night price states 'Starting at $24.95' but when I click to buy a ticket it shows a price of $34.95 - anyone know why?

However it seems like if you are booked at the Flamingo ot Quad, and if you buy your ride as a walk up and not pre-purchase you get $5 off per ticket.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
  2. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed it. It's a one off thing and worth it for the unique views of the strip. I was lucky enough to get comped tickets. It could be pricey for a big group otherwise.

Check the sunset time and book a trip that is 15 minutes after that so it goes completely dark just as you get to the top. Once you have got to the top you're just getting a reverse of the view on the way up. Overall, it's worth it. We were maybe lucky, but we were allowed to take Fat Tuesday on with us bought at the linq. A lot of people are saying this wasn't allowed for them though.

Some pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152188210357404.1073741841.503477403&type=1&l=bc21107fc5

Edit: I think the $24.95 tickets might be for daytime?

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you get the comp tickets?

The website is showing day tickets as 'Starting at $14.95' until you click on buy ticket and then it is $24.95.

4. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My GF works at Ceasars Palace. She got them from a friend who works at the Linq. When do you go?

5. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pictures were great!!! We are going in September. We were there last June when they were building it and said we were going back so we could ride it. Thanks for the tips. We will plan to ride at sunset.

6. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely the best time, you get to see it at dusk and nighttime. If the pod is busy, you want to turn left as soon as you get in and stand there as it's the best views going up.

7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I rode the High Roller and it was well worth the price (daytime).

I've been down to The Linq 4 times since the High Roller started operating. I've not seen lines during any of those times. Yesterday (Sunday), around 3 pm, they were putting only 3 to 4 people in each pod and were skipping loading every other pod.

Bill

8. 2wayparlay

2wayparlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kids are $10 cheaper. It says so under the adult price.

9. pwdump

pwdump Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking of hitting it up with my wife while in town next week. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday around sunset. Should I expect to wait long? Any advantage to buying tickets online versus when you get there?

10. BigTop

BigTop Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although we did not go in the High Roller- The Flamingo was offering free tickets to the High Roller with every suited blackjack in the pit in front of the Flamingo-(Party Pit)

11. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, just stayed there and my group won so many free High Roller tiks in BJ that we gave many away.

The High Roller is truly a one-time deal that I wouldn't do again unless free and as goof whilst drinking or something.

Also, you can't bring plastic bottles but can bring a plastic cup filled with your favorite beverage (had spiced rum and coke).

Also, no tripods for cameras. A friend of mine had to take it back to his room.

12. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about for someone afraid of heights? You couldn't pay me enough to do any of the rides on the Stratosphere but I think I could do this since it is enclosed and big (and therefore relatively stable?).

13. meatwad

meatwad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mrem3200 I don't like heights it was a little strange as the pod come out of the building but it was not that bad.

14. GreatGamblino

GreatGamblino Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET added the high roller to their free-shows-for-diamond-players list. So if you don't want to see a show, you can choose two free high roller tickets instead. The Total Rewards agent told us to go to the Flamingo box office to redeem them, and after waiting in that line, we found out that we were supposed to go directly to the linq high roller box office. No problem redeeming them there. Chose our time and got the tickets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.