1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sterling Brunch 6/1

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by queuetee, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SPACE:The room has been totally remodeled --shiny and dark. I think there are four rooms, not counting the bar/waiting area.
    There is a four sided TV over the bar which looks out of place and kind of tacky

The buffet is set up against the left hand wall which used to contain the rounded booths--so it totally is on the opposite side of the space.

I did not like that it is one long line like a school cafeteria. I imagine that BLT can close the several doorways that lead into it and it disappears during normal dinner sevice.

FOOD: Same good brand of champagne and constant pouring. The waiter brings BLT's signature popovers to the table to start the meal. While a big deal is made of them, they arrived at room temperature. Popovers need to be piping hot and these were not.They even give you the recipe in the basket, so I guess they are proud of them.

I ate my regular items--- crab claws, huge shrimp to start and they were as good as normal. BLT added individual small antipasto dishes of cured meats, several cheeses and grilled vegetables. I really liked that dish and it was a good addition.

I ignored the breakfast items and had several slices of very good prime rib. Truffle potatoes were served in individual casseroles--- a nice touch. These and other items were kept hot on black stones----far classier than a steam table.

DESSERTS: These were back in the waiting area. Really nice selection.

SERVICE: Most of the waiters were from Bally's Steak House so they knew their business.

Overall, it was as good as I remember from previous visits. It was not packed so the one long buffett line wasn't a problem, but I wonder if it would be if there were a lot of people waiting for food. I did not like the appearance of that at all. As my DH said, we had eaten tasting menus at some of the Bellagio restaurants and this was good normal food, but not spectacular....but that may have been a good break from the fancy stuff.

2. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback on the Sterling Brunch. I really enjoyed it at Bally's Steak House, so hoped it wouldn't change too much. I agree with you that one buffet line might be problematic when busy. I thought the previous setup with 2 separate serving areas broke up the number of people in any one place.

I'm definitely going to give it a try in September. Nothing like good champagne for breakfast :licklips:

3. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did they still have lobster tails and caviar? Rack of Lamb?

4. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lobster tails were there as was the Rack of Lamb and the filet....did not notice the caviar...sorry

5. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering this as well. $85 has to be justified. The OP described just slightly better stuff that I can get elsewhere.

6. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, appreciate the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.