1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about 'stacking' hotel reservations to take advantage of current deals

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Trumie04, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trumie04

Trumie04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone,

I'm sure that this topic has probably come up before, but I wasn't sure how to search for this on the forum as I'm not really sure what the term for this is. Basically I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience trying to take advantage of some of these hotel specials that are always going on with the MGM/CET hotels by making multiple reservations and "stacking" or linking them together?

For example, right now I'm looking at a deal for a $75 F&B credit for a reservation of 2 nights or more at the Monte Carlo. I'm planning on staying for 5 nights on my next trip, so I'm wondering if I could make 2 separate reservations (one for 3 nights, the other for 2 nights) and then get 2 of the $75 F&B credits as I'm making 2 separate reservations?

I'm not sure if they'd see that the name and credit card info were the same in their system and just give me 1 F&B credit when I check in or if they'll really treat it like 2 different reservations and let me 'double-up' my F&B credit. On a side note, if they do treat it like 2 reservations, would they make me check out of one room and move me to another?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I figured I'd try to save a couple of bucks and see if this little "trick" has actually worked for any of the folks here on the Vegas Message Board. Any input you have on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are u talking about using 2 mlife offers that are tied to your players card back to back then the answer i belive is no but if its just a regular promo there doing like stay 3 nite at hotel a get 100$ resort credit say at hotel a and hotel b a 200$ resort credit theres no reson you cant both them as back to back reservations , if thats your question

3. bluerider

bluerider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, I believe most properties/players clubs like mlife, total rewards, etc., require a 2-3 day period in between back to back offers.

You could always jump around between companies if you don't mind moving (and have the offers available).

Example: Last trip I stayed at the Mirage for 2 nights comped on an offer, then moved next door to TI for three nights on one of their offers (different company). It just depends if you are the type that minds moving hotels during a trip or not. I personally like it as it keeps things fresh. I know others would rather stay put the whole time.

4. Trumie04

Trumie04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So the offer that I'm looking at is an offer available to anyone (not specific to any players clubs or anything). I actually found the discount code on smartervegas.com which I've used many times in the past to book similar deals at separate properties. For example, on my last trip, I stayed at Mandalay Bay for 3 nights ($75 F&B credit) and NYNY for 2 nights ($50 F&B credit) and used similar promo codes that I found online. I usually don't mind staying at 2 different properties if I'm staying for at least 5 nights, but this time I'm thinking of staying at Monte Carlo exclusively if I could manage to get 2 x $75 F&B credits. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to link the two reservations so I wouldn't have to check out and check back in to my room, but I'm really wondering if they'd give me $150 in F&B or if they'd see that I'm basically trying to work the system and just give me $75.

Here's the fine print on the reservation website, note the part where it says "may not be combined with any other promotion":

A $10 processing fee will apply for reservations made by telephone. Avoid this fee by booking your reservation within this website. Offer must be booked by December 31, 2014. Offer is subject to promotional availability. One-night deposit required to secure the reservation. Credit/debit card charged must be presented at check-in with valid identification. Rates are subject to change and restricted dates apply. Two-night minimum required for promotional rates. *Select calendar dates are regular Internet rate; discount may not be available on all dates. We are unable to guarantee specific room types and locations; however a sincere effort will be made to accommodate your needs. Offer is not available for existing reservations. This offer is non-transferable, subject to availability, may not be combined with any other MGM Resorts Internationalâ„¢ promotion, and is not available to groups or persons attending meetings or conventions. All prices are subject to taxes and/or resort fees and based on double occupancy on a per-night basis. You must be 21 years of age or older. MGM Resorts International reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at its discretion and without prior notice. If you have trouble reserving your online reservation please contact Room Reservations at 866-783-1979 or 702-730-7000 and ask for offer code: SOCIET3.

I'm really frugal when it comes to finding deals for Vegas vacations, so an extra $75 would be great if I can get it! What do y'all think?

5. weekapaug74

weekapaug74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your safest bet would be to put the reservations under different names.

And then head to the front desk on "switch" day to see if you can stay in the same room and still activate the resort credit.

I would be worried that 2 reservations, under the same name (linked at check-in or not), would somehow prevent you from getting the 2nd credit.

6. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hijack this thread..

What do you reckon about this..
    I have 1 COMP night booked @ Delano + a $50 resort credit (this was a specific email offer from Mandalay Bay/TheHotel/Delano)
    I have the next 2 nights PAYING booked @ Vdara + $100 resort credit (this was an offer I saw on mlife site and booked w/vip services)

There is no reason this would be a problem?
    Would mlife/MGM allow one to book something that goes against their policy... can one property see your reservation at another? Or do they leave responsibility up to the person booking?

I figure if I have already booked both places, have rate confirmations and was promised both resort credits, I should be good to go!

7. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year I booked Aria with two different offers back to back. First 2 days (Fri & Sat) I used the crown and anchor promo for $200 food credit. Then Sunday-Tuesday Used a $150 resort credit they were offering at the time.

I called in the booking and asked if I could do this. I was placed on hold for a bit while the gentleman talked to a manager but they came back and said it is allowed.

Not sure if this is the same thing you are asking.

8. Trumie04

Trumie04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got off the phone with the Monte Carlo reservation desk. The customer service rep that I spoke with had to put me on hold to ask her supervisor, but she confirmed that I can make multiple reservations to take advantage of multiple promotions. As long as the reservations are made separately, I should be able to get 2 F&B credits (or whatever other promos are out there). She said that once I make the reservations I can either call back to have the reservations linked or wait until I check in at the hotel. She said there is a slight chance that I may have to move rooms between reservations, but she said they always do their best to accomodate these types of requests. I think it's worth the slight risk that I may have to move rooms to get another $75 in F&B. I'm going to be making reservations within the next couple of days, so I'll let you all know how it works out.

9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a couple of trips in the past I had to switch rooms for this, when having back to back reservations at the same hotel, and its not that bad: when its time to leave the first room you can use the in room phone to call down to the front desk and check if your second reservation is available, if it is then thats great, if its not then just call the bell desk and they will send somebody up to get your stuff and then when your next room is ready you just phone down to the bell desk and have it brought up to you.

For making the transition and avoiding the whole having to unpack and then repack thing what you can do is:
    If you have two suitcases use one suitcase for the first part of the stay and then one suitcase for the second part. That way you only have to unpack one suitcase in the first room and then when moving rooms you just throw everything back in the first suitcase and when you get to the next room unpack the second suitcase.
    We usually have just one suitcase (we almost always hotel change on Vegas trips) so what we do is pack along a gym bag and a small spare carry on bag in the suitcase: in the gym bag we put the clothes and stuff we will need for the first part of the stay, in the little spare carry on bag we put in things that we need for both parts of the stay (wife's makeup, my shaving stuff, combs, brushes, etc) and then in the suitcase we put stuff that we need for the second part of the stay... so when we get to the first hotel we just take out the little carry on bag and the gym bag and use that stuff and then when switching hotels we just put all that stuff back in their bags and then back in the suitcase and for the second part of the trip we use the gym bag as the dirty laundry bag.

10. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Samething happened to me last year with aria, Good to hear MC is also okay with it. I was thinking of doing a solo trip in August at the Monte Carlo. Need to keep cost down. Now just gotta decide if I really want to do vegas solo.

They also told me they couldn't guarantee that I could keep the same room last year but they did. It would kinda suck to have to change rooms. Especially if your new room isn't ready in the morning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.