1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Experience with TR offer not honored?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by win4me, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just received an offer in the mail for Lake Tahoe summer concert series- comp 2 tickets + hotel for 2 nights for each of the 8 concerts. I called to book 2 concerts and the 1st one was booked no problem. When he tried to book the 2nd one, he could get the concert tickets, but the room was coming up at about $350 for the 2 nights. He thought it was very odd since he said they usually have the comp rooms avail. for the offers & checked with a mgr. who could not do anything or explain.

Has anyone experienced anything similar with Total Rewards? Do they have to honor the offer of the comp room if they have rooms available? (I read the fine print & the only thing stated that may cover this is "other restrictions may apply")

2. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can only think that rooms may just be sold out. When I first heard about the bands playing this summer at Tahoe, I booked rooms in anticipation of getting tickets. Ended up getting tix for journey/Steve miller and Boston/doobies the following week.

If rooms at harrahs or Harveys Tahoe aren't available, the could probably put you in reno, but that's a hassle to drive after a concert.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is strange that they can do the tickets for the second show but not the rooms - those would usually be equally matched up: if they are going to set aside 1000 pairs of tickets for comps they would match that with 1000 comped rooms.

I am thinking it might have something to do with the fact that you have a room booked the first time around? Maybe their system is only allowing one use of the concert series promotion?

Otherwise as for them having to comp rooms or not: No. With most offers they allocate only so many rooms for comps at each level and when those rooms are gone they are gone and the offer is no longer available. Back in 2007 and earlier (pre recession, basically) this was a pretty common problem where people who received mailers would often phone in and be unable to book their offered comps because Total Rewards would post the offers upwards of 2 months ahead of time online and people who regularly checked the website would get the offers long in advance and end up booking all the rooms so when the people who got the mailers finally got them in the mail there were no longer any free rooms left.

4. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You didn't say when the dates were, but do they overlap?
    IIRC CET has a 7 day wait in between comp room offers. That's all I could come up with. :rolleyes2:

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All deals, rooms, food, etc are all limited. No comp is always guarenteed. Sure, they may have rooms still available for sale, but that does not mean they have to give them away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.