1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Getting this room thing right

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by bryan1650t, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryan1650t

bryan1650t Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Team,

This whole consecutive room reward thing has me perplexed.

Follow my logic on this one. Let's say I'm going to stay at the Monte Carlo Wed, Thurs, and Friday nights. Let's also say that the calendar has these options all open.

could I use room redemptions as follows:
    1. Wed night-- midweek comp room bonus
    2. Thurs night- midweek comp room
    3. Fri night-- weekend comp room

Did I figure this out right? Same resort but different comps; only three used.

2. CALELLA

CALELLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes mate, ive just redeemed the exact same rewards for the Luxor on consecutive nights - Weds, Thurs, Friday using the two midweek and one weekend room and had no probs when I phoned to book having them all linked together.

3. ineedavegasfix

ineedavegasfix Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it works. We just did this at Aria two weeks ago. 3 nights free! It was awesome.

4. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You do need to read the reward terms carefully. Some places allow consecutive nights and some don't. The Monte Carlo rewards that are posted now say that they do NOT allow consecutive nights, however, I believe you can still do it if you have two people redeeming and alternate the nights.

Best bet is calling to check for sure.

There's a sticky dedicated to this subject: https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106964

5. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all, I'm looking for the answer to OP's question, too, and landed here in my search.

The sticky on this subject reads, in part, "These hotels state that they DO NOT allow use of the same reward on consecutive nights"

My focus here is on the "same reward" bit - if that's the case, then the scenario the OP suggested should work, right? You'd be using a different reward (even though they all amount to the same thing) on each night.

When you suggest 'calling to check', would you call the hotel directly or is there a myvegas line to use?

6. SeattleJosh

SeattleJosh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't want to start my own thread, just jumping in here...

I've never redeemed before and I want to stay 3 nights at Mandalay Bay July 15th-17th, Tues, Wed, Thur. The first two nights are on the bonus calendar, but the 17th isn't. So...

15th: 67,500 LPs
    16th: 67,500 LPs
    17th: 121,500 LPs

Total of 256,500 LPs. So, can I book this without problem? I've got 245k LPs, should be able to do it in a couple days.

Thanks!

7. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have an answer for you, but on a side note I'm curious when you started? I've accumulated about 237,000 LPs and am at level 137 since starting around March 5th(have redeemed 198,000 of those for a July Aria trip), so I'm pretty close to where you've gotten. I'm constantly tweaking my strategy so I like to hear what other players have done.

8. SeattleJosh

SeattleJosh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    237k since March 5th? Holy crap, that's some quick play! I'm at level 116, started sometime in January. Can't believe I didn't start this 2 years ago when I first heard of it. I hate slots, so I stayed away, I could have had millions of LPs by now! haha

Edit: Also, I'm at level 81 on the mobile game. The mobile game becomes such a timesuck and you hardly get any LPs from it, but I still play when I can't be around the laptop.

9. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, you can see your LP per spin efficiency might be better because you've gotten more LPs than me, yet you're at level 116 and I'm at 137. Of course I'm not sure how much more efficient because I didn't start the mobile game until about 4 weeks ago and am only at level 32 there.

Some folk's experiences here convinced me to hoard chips between double LPs/XPs, so maybe that's why it's worked out like this for me compared to you?

10. SeattleJosh

SeattleJosh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which is true, the double times are best, and of course I'm broke on FB right now. Mobile I'm at about 150k chips, but FB has been under 50k the past few days. I do some collecting, play and back to zero in less than 10 mins.

11. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest to call the number on the myVegas rewards. 855-881-6074.

12. reef33

reef33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's pretty much what the myvegas lady I talked to for booking my room for the Aria said. It's not that you can't book consecutive nights, it's that you can't book the exact reward type back to back. I just had to change up the reward type for back to back nights.

I went weekday bonus, weekday then weekday bonus again, The OP's scenario should work

13. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was finally able to call the myVegas number and ask about the scenario posed by the OP - even though the terms on the Monte Carlo room rewards mention not being available for consecutive reservations, could I use a different reward type each night (midweek bonus Weds., midweek Thurs., weekend bonus Fri.)?

The rep I talked to told me that for the Monte Carlo, you cannot redeem a room reward on consecutive nights, no ways around it. He said that if I wished to redeem multiple room rewards, I would need a paid reservation of at least one night between two myVegas reservations (e.g. midweek bonus Weds., pay for a room Thurs, weekend bonus Fri.).

I was hoping to get 3 myVegas nights at the Monte Carlo in August (same setup as OP mentioned), but with this new information I'll have to find something else.

14. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Between my wife and I we recently reserved 3 consecutive nights at Monte Carlo for September. We each had a weekend reward and I had a weekday, so they booked Friday for me, Saturday for my wife and Sunday for me. All reservations are (supposedly) linked and there were no issues with making the reservations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.