1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live TR: 6/2-6/4

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by cjwillwin, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjwillwin

cjwillwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So sort of a last minute trip but ill be leaving San Francisco on a 5pm flight tonight and arrive roughly 630pm. I had to get up at 5am for work today so kinda tired but ready to power through.

We'll be staying at the quad, mostly because it was cheap and center strip. We don't plan on spending much time in the room anyways.

My buddy I'm going with is a Vegas virgin so ill try and get him a souvenir drink and to hit as many hotels as possible.

We want to hit a show. Probably love or jersey boys.

I packed last night two shirts and some underwear plus miniature Jameson for the airport and 800 dollars.

Besides the show nothing planned but girls, booze and craps.

Currently counting down minutes to leave work, will advise further as the magic happens.

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All trips to Mecca, even short ones are great! Hope you enjoy and post a TR so we can share your experience!!

3. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck with that...
    But doing Vegas during the week...maybe able to swing it all...

4. cjwillwin

cjwillwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it on less. But if need be I can dip into money I didn't want to. Whenever I go with a friend I try and match what they're bringing as close as possible.

Anyways landed. Lost 10 at my customary get off the plane wheel of fortune.

Got in a cab, got going. Made small talk. He's Armenian. Been here for 10 years. At this point I was pretty liquored up from the plane so when I asked him what my buddy should do on his first trip to Vegas and he said "make sure to sleep and don't drink too much" I yelled stopped the cab and we got out and paid him. Now this was bad. We left sanfrancosco and it was 50 degrees. Out normal temperature. We landed at 102. Ended up walking a mile in that cuz I'm a loud mouth.

Got to the quad. Checked in dropped bags and headed to the discount ticket place to see if we could do Beatles love. 110? Not on out budget.

We went to Toby Keith's at harahs and I played my first video poker. Lost 10 but had fun and really drank a few beers which was the real goal.

We bought a few tall cans for the journey and now our mission is to head siwn the strip and get to hooters whilst drinking and gambling. Will advise.

5. cjwillwin

cjwillwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Phones at about 30% so I sharpied the room number on my arm.

I left the room with 400. I'm down about 200 but that's 100 5 dollar craps at hooters which lasted 2 hours and netted 7 beers.

Kinda toasted we went to the MGM and played 25 a hand bj. My buddy cut out early and won 50. I left down 100 but up one number by the lady sitting next to me. She's about 45 and not all that good looking so probably no call but a confidence for sure.

Currently waiting for the limo to take us to cheetahs. Yay strip clubs.

I do want to add. I'd be a millionaire if I knew when to quit. Both sessions I've been up a lot and blown it away.

6. cjwillwin

cjwillwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well it's 3am and I'm gonna crash early. I fell in love with a stripper Nd wanna go back. Well see how I feel sober in the morning.

7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeez Tim......you recently went to Vegas with a $400 bankroll for two; wouldn't expect you to say that.

8. Second_To_None

Second_To_None Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol - $400 bankroll in Vegas would last me, personally, a few hours - if I am very lucky :rolleyes2:

9. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I'd be scared to do anything lest I go broke right after getting there.

This sounds like a fun trip though. Light on the gamble, heavy on the drinking and womanizing. The kind of trip I'd plan if I didn't have a gambling problem. :evillaugh

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am I reading this correctly? Because the cabbie advised you to get plenty of sleep and don't drink too much, you stopped the cab and walked a mile to the hotel? Or the cabbie kicked you out?

11. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read it that he was lubed up, didn't like the cabbie's response, had him stop the car so that they could get out. Ballsy move.

12. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got into it with a cabbie in 2012 after getting picked up at the airport; he took offense when I said "no tunnel" while we were headed to the MGM, we argued, he threatened to throw me out before getting out of the airport complex

13. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    haha, and it was MISSSERABLY too little money...
    Specially since we had a ton of comps for food, and we didn't drink pay for strippers, or play craps
    To do Vegas like the OP said (girls, booze, and craps), believe me, $800 just won't cut it..
    But I see he was playing just $10 here and there, and $5 pass line (only bet) so, its probably enough...
    I thought he meant paying for booze, strippers, and craps ($25 on the table at all times; best strategy)

14. cjwillwin

cjwillwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had him stop and get out. I couldn't have him corrupting my poor friend. He's a virgin to vegas and I couldn't have Satan telling him not to drink alcohol. It wasn't my smartest idea ever but I was rockin half a heat on and we didn't have any bags besides backpacks.

Anyways today started later than expected. Woke up at noon with a horrible hangover. Luckily I always come prepared and had a bottle of feel good pills (Advil) and Budweiser at bedside. A few beers and 4 Advil and I was ready to rock n roll again, nut first food. I'm not really ballin this trip so chipotle was the stop.

Next went back to my good luck bj table in the quad. I played there and lost 5 hands in a row. Guess its not good luck right now, and I don't have the money to wait for the turn so I moved to craps next store. I love 6easy 6. Bunch of long rolls and a few presses and I left that table up 150. Current fund level at around 470

15. cjwillwin

cjwillwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After that we bought tickets to son city comedy. Pretty funny we had a good time and an hour and a half of time killed for only 20 bucks each.

Continued gambling at ph til we both had about 100 left.

Bought booze at Walgreens and just walked around making friends and singing.

At the outdoor place near harahs thislady said we belonged on stage and I believe her.

Went back into the quad and played WHEEL OF FORTUNE. Hit a wheel after about 4 spins. Walked away with about 60. Moved to the flamingo and played craps til about 3am and 40 dollars left.

Went to bed and on my way to the airport as I type. First time I can say I didn't blow all my money.

Wish I had brought more though. Next time 1500 minimum.

16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a whirlwind of a time. But next time just tell your friend the cabbie is wrong after you get to your destination. :wink2:

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  17. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A guy gotta stick to his principles......:poke:

18. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a low roller but I don't think I would go to Vegas with $400 for the trip. It wouldn't be fun trying to make it last. But everyone is different and does Vegas in their own way. It's just me.:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.