1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It was a fun ride Vegas 2000 - 2014

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by WHIVGOYTUBE, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it was a fun ride.

And if the Cosmo ever gives us a reason to return, we'll gladly take it.

For some reason, Vegas does not like me..

Trip #1 2000 First Visit, all is cool.
    Trip #2 2002 Got sick 1 week before Vegas, during Vegas, all I could smell is cigarettes (And I Smoke).
    Trip #3 2011 Got sick Cold/virus mid vacation.
    Trip #4 2014 Got a major allergic reaction, beginning after the first day stay. Spent last night (Night #4) in bed all night.

Flew home Day 5 at 3:30 PM.

I really do love Vegas, but it does not like me back.

So gang..... Unless the Cosmo wants us back (not likely) Vegas does not like me.

BUTTTTTTTTT... It was a great ride..........!!!!

Did the High Roller, Cindy did the Sky Jump, did the Hooters, did the Derby Lane at MGM, Wonderful!! :drunk:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm signing off.... Sad

But I'll walk in from time to time to see what is happinging.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For now, it is just cruises and my new hang out forum is at
    Cruise Critic.

I will so much miss this forum!!!! :cry:

Outside of cruises, we only have mini 3 night visits to Biloxi and Tunica.

I LOVE VEAGS, it just does not like me BACK.

It has nothing to do with winning or losing money.

Vegas just does not like my body....... :Þ

Goodbye, but from time to time, I'll be watching...... :cry:

2. vgslvr

vgslvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are u breaking up with us? Can we still be friends?

Seriously, If ur body cant handle dry harmless desert, how can it handle stuck mid sea in a cruise ship..

P.S. stay away from Carribean Cruise

3. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, and if you are just making fun.. OK, Haha

I Hate the idea of not being totally involved here.

So I am going to leave this post, as just good ole fun.

I LOVE VEGAS. IT does not like me.

Cruises have never failed us. We just drive in our car, no contained AIRPLANE air, and simply just walk right in.

Cindy Loves Cruises.

I Love Vegas.

It has been a battle for vacations.

She Gives....... I Give.....

I have no more defense for Vegas, for I am a disaster physically.

I LOVE VEAGAS.... MY BODY DOES NOT..

It's me!!!!

I would take a chance to go to Vegas, knowing I would likely get sick, if it was for the right reason.

I will go to Vegas, and chance I will get sick again..... If.. and only if....

We stay at the Cosmo Balcony Fountain View of the Bellagio Fountains.

I understand I should not get sick again.

But I will not ever risk it again.

A five night Vegas Vacation (we have done this 4X) is the most important vacation we do.

I Spent 6 Month of planning and living Vegas, before we stepped on the plane.

I achieved giving Cindy a fun "60"..... again SIXTY year birthday in Vegas.

She may never see "70"..... again see Seventy...

She did the Sky Jump......

Vegas is wonderful, and we totally LOVE IT.

Vegas does not, for some reason, like my body.

We feel in love with Gambling at Cosmo. And we don't give a crap about what people say about Cosmo Gambling.

We stayed at PHo. And after the first night... WE GAMBED ALL THE TIME AT THE CASMO.

Cindy got up one morning, while I am sleeping, walked to the Cosmo, to play VP and have a cup of coffee.

She said, Coffee at VP bar was EXCELLENT!

Came back to the room half drunk...... And I said.....

WONDERFUL..... VEGAS!!!!

While I layed in bed sick.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I'm ever going to take a chance on being sick in Vegas.... It's the Cosmo.

Now a Fountain view is $250 a night * 5 nights = Sucks... Dammit!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So not in the cards for us.....

Balcony room Cruise view 7 nights = $1570 for TWO, including all food.

DAMMIT... I want COSMO !!!!!

Haha, I lose again... DAMIT... :cry:

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel your pain, I may have got sick on half of my Vegas vacations, and usually getting my g/f sick in the process. But the big plus is that we typically didn't feel miserable until AFTER the trip was over. But catching it I think was completely my fault. If I change some bad habits of mine, it wouldn't happen (except maybe the first trip, that was the poker dealer's fault; he clearly had a cold).

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  5. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    None of you are drinking enough. Alcohol > Germs. You're welcome.

:beer:

6. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 Trips? That's it? I don't think you've built up a tolerance yet to quit!
    I've gotten sick a few times in Vegas and it's not fun. If I feel it coming on
    before the trip I'll abuse Vitamin C and that AirBorne stuff! Seems to work!

7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with Cruise Critic as well - an amazing site for sharing info on cruising. Over 1.1 million members there and growing. My handle at the site is different, but maybe we'll cross paths.

Bill

8. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best wishes to you and your wife, I too have fallen ill several times in Vegas, but for me the love for Vegas outweighs the risk. It also helps that my wife LOVES Vegas. We have done cruises and I would love to try one again but medical issues (severe dizziness at any time and triggered by motion) kind of has us in your Las Vegas situation. Just not worth the risk. Good Luck!!

9. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted the other day on another thread that the only time I got sick in Vegas was when I flew in. I wonder if you're catching something on the plane that takes a day or 2 to kick in.

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And just as a followup suggestion, turn off vent fans above your seat.

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How are you going to find out how we like our wallview Cromwell rooms?

12. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or you could wear one of those SARS masks. Bonus would be you'd probably have your own row :D

13. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll leave a light on.:beer:

Seriously, I have written long speeches about leaving a forum before. I find it to be a cry for help and understanding. Most people will make a joke out of it.

I predict you will be back. I have found out there are two ways to leave a forum: 1-Get banned. 2-Delete the site from your Favorites and move on without a word.

14. Kupkakez

Kupkakez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aren't you more likely to get sick on a cruise? Stuck on a boat with a bunch of people for days, some people that could have stomach bugs or cold bugs?

15. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that happens. BTW, I love that the ad showing at the top of the page is for travel insurance with the tag line "Sick Happens" :wink2:

Vegas has kicked my ass a few times and then add the headache that this place can be sometimes and I think "Forget it! I'm done with Vegas!" So far the longest that has lasted is 2 weeks.

Enjoy your cruises and we will be here when you choose to give Vegas another chance to show you some love.

16. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have been going to Vegas since 1977. I had a stroke in 2011 (totally unexpected, my doctor told me it was probably due to stress because i eat fairly well, don't drink, don't smoke, etc). It happened to me at work during a business meeting, suddenly i started slurring my words but in about 2 minutes i felt fine.
    I decided to walk up to the hospital and get checked out because nothing like this has never happened to me before.
    As it turns out, i had something i can't pronounce, but the neurologist told me if i didn't go up to the hospital that day, i probably would have died or at least been unable to function on my own.
    Therapy has allowed me to come a long way.

In the Fall of 2011 (i had my stroke in the Spring of 2011), i felt good enough to test the waters again of Vegas.

Vegas has been my second home to me since i moved to Cali in the 70's. Most of my friends ask me why (after almost dying and then deciding to return to Vegas just 7 months after), would i want to risk having the same thing happen again.

I have taken less risks than most of you guys, in fact i have led a fairly boring life, and even boring-er in Vegas, yet i almost died. I can't do some of the normal things i took for granted that i used to before 2011. But i can still do most things, albeit a little longer, and i am thankful that i can still travel to Vegas for 3 weeks per year.

Vegas has been good to me for 30+ years and it has been even better since 2011. I can't wait to get back in August.

One thing i have learned is never take anyone or anything for granted. Vegas has and always will be that Oasis in the Desert to me. If you love something don't turn your back on it no matter what..............even if the Bally's escalators are once again not working properly.

As someone whose body is not working properly, you just do the best you can do with what you have and enjoy living.

17. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas and gambling is all about the odds.
    I say your odds are pretty damn good your next trip will be much better.:peace:

18. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm the same way. After my last trip on the plane home I was thinking after 2 trips a year for the last 3-4 years I think I've had enough of Vegas. That lasted about a month and now I'm planning an Oct/Nov trip.

19. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy:

So true, I hate the idea I can't crank up people about my favoriate Wall.. :evillaugh

20. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No Fun, No Joke, I had a major allergic reaction, just one step away from going to the Hospital in Vegas.

It started the first day after,,,, after we arrived.

Sunday is cool. Monday is major Hanover day...

Tuesday at the Vegas Show, I felt like I was getting eat up by ants all over.

After show and back to room (we are lucky, the Vegas show was at PHo, where we stay), Hands and Legs red hot, and gross.

Started Pumping Benadryl....

Wednesday, Day, did not want to ruin GF Vacation. Kept Quiet. Kept pumping Benadryl.

Thursday, Bed ridden. Vegas does not like me. Was considering Hospital.

Just one more day to fly back on Friday, and be back In home bed.

It took three weeks, but I'm back to normal 90% now.

Doctor has no explaination.

Weird. And Sad...... Before our Vegas Vacation, I lived in my mind every night, of that vacation.

Came back home, totally ruined. Not money wise, plenty of money to still play with.

Just all that planning, and because of my body, 1/2 ruined. Because of me! :thumbsdown:

I ruined Cindy and our Vegas Vacation. :faint:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.