1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Should I log in?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by soled905, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a short timed double XP/LP event going on right now? I only have about an hour free to play this morning and don't want to kill an opportunity if it's another one of those 3 or 4 hour events(once you log on) like last week.

2. daveko69

daveko69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still on a puzzle quest for another 20+ hours

3. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, thanks much. For some reason I thought it would have ended at midnight. I've been hoarding and avoiding these puzzles.

4. daveko69

daveko69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a trip to Vegas planned in 41 days. If I could wait I would. Trying to max out the LP. Will start hoarding after the trip. Been playing about 2 months. Already got the $25 NFI credit, Free Lunch Buffet at Aria, and BOGO on the 2 day monorail pass (Out there 4 full days). Hoping to get it up to 50k LP and snag either the $50 NY NY drink credit or the $100 at MC. At 12k LP as of now.

5. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is interesting. We're in the same boat in some areas, but taking it on differently.

I've got a trip in 40 days and as of 3 days from now I'll have been playing this game 3 months. I've redeemed 2 midweek comp nights at the Aria and need to snatch one more. I'm back up to a little over 54k LPs, so I need 45k more.

I got down to 17k chips on May 20th and with one exception have been again hoarding since then (I luckily moved up 4 levels on the last double XP day without losing any chips).

These last 13 days of hoarding has gotten me back up to over 1 mil chips as of this morning, so if there's going to be a double day tomorrow I think I ought to make some good strides towards getting those last 45k LPs, then I'll figure out how to close out the rest (hoarding for a bit or playing through).

6. daveko69

daveko69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am comped 5 nights at Harrah's so I didn't have to try to get one of the hotels. I moved up 3 levels on the last Double XP day (Currently up to Level 70). I think my biggest issue is actually getting either of the rewards before they sell out. If I can't get them I will probably get another buffet, either at Bellagio or Mandalay Bay

7. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha, even more in common. I've got 3 nights comped at the Mirage, so we're doing 6, total.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll easily kick ass!

8. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just thought I'd update my status with this, in case anyone is interested..

I finally started playing again during the double LPs a couple days ago. My memory's a little fuzzy, so my figures might be a little bit off, but it went something like this.:

As I said above I needed to get to 99,000 LPs to get one last(my third) night at Aria before our July trip.

I started the double LP at level 141 and finished at 153 the last night of the double LP.

I also started the double LP at 67k LPs and finished short of my goal, winding up with over 94k LPs(also accumulating some through the strip and friends). I had about 110k chips left that night, but my internet connection was through my cell phone hotspot and it was running too slow to play blackjack(the only game I thought might safely get me to the next level that night), and I was entering a level needing 1.6 mil XPs, so I held off until the next morning when I could at least start earning 2000 chips through the "meter" again just in case I fell short of leveling up.

The next morning I went up one more level and literally ran out of chips with 14 of the 15 balloons or whatever they were on the last challenge. At that time I had about 96.6k LPs, or about 2400 short of the 99k I needed and no chips to play with, just waiting on one last shot from a couple hotels I could collect from.

While waiting my Daily Spin came up and I finally hit the 750 LPs x 8+, giving me 6300+ LPs, and pushing me over the 99k I needed. I really felt I was overdue for that, so it's ironic that it would come at the very end of my efforts.

At the end of the night I saw the email from myVegas gifting us 5000 chips, and within about 4 spins I got the last balloon, anyway, giving me the additional 750 LPs and 90 something thousand chips for completion.

Anyway, I started the double LP with just over 2.3 million chips I'd been hoarding, and to be honest I was disappointed I only went up 12 levels during the double LP. I had some of my worst luck with most every game I've had since I started this thing. So I'm really curious how I would have done had I started playing daily after I acquired about a few hundred thousand chips or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.