1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Travelling between terminals, airport lockers?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by makikiboy, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering how easy it is to go between terminals. I have a stopover in vegas and will be changing airlines (from Hawaiian to SW) on my way to San Fran. I know that Hawaiian is in terminal 3 and I think SW is in terminal 1, after I pick up my suitcases does anyone know how I can get back to terminal 1 to check in at SW with my bags? I know that I could probably take the rent a car shuttle but I was wondering if there were any other shuttles that travel between terminals? It looks like you can only take the train after you go through security so I wanted to know if there were any other (free) way to go between terminals prior to checking in.

Also, has anyone had any experience with the airport lockers? How much? How long? I will be back in vegas after 3 days in San Fran and I would like to store my bowling bag (tournament in vegas after that) somewhere so I don't have to lug it to San Fran. I may just take the bus and leave my bowling bag at MB or someplace close for a few days.

Thanks!

:wave:

2. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know the answer to your question based on experience, but the McCarran website does describe an inter-terminal shuttle

At Terminal 1, the shuttle bus stop is located on Level Zero. From baggage claim, take the elevator or escalators down one level and exit the terminal building. Take the pedestrian crosswalk toward the covered parking garage to the courtesy shuttle stop.

At Terminal 3, the shuttle bus stop is located on Level Zero in the center of the curb.

Here is the information on lockers:

With no key to carry or misplace, you can enjoy your visit to McCarran while your belongings are securely stored using Smarte Carte's state-of-the-art biometric technology, located beyond the security checkpoints. Items can be stored for a maximum of 48 hours per Transportation Security Administration regulations.

Medium(17" x 12" x 31")
    $2 per hour/$8 daily maximum

Large(21" x 12" x 31")
    $2 per hour/$8 daily maximum

Jumbo(35" x 19" x 31")
    $3 per hour/$12 daily maximum

Locations: A Gates at T1, B Gates at T1, C Gates at T1, D Gates, E Gates at T3

3. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm confused. I don't remember seeing airport lockers in any airport. I thought that they got rid of those after 9-11 for security reasons. But I have not been looking for them either nor have I been many airports. I probably haven't been very observant. Sorry Makiki for veering off topic.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info Jimbo. I did read about the inter terminal shuttle but really haven't read anyone who used it on this site. I was also wondering how reliable it is and how easy to get your bags on it (3 ball bowling bag! UGH).

Thanks also about the lockers, I was afraid of that, looks like I have to go through the security checkpoint to use the lockers. Unfortunately that means that I can't store my bowling bag in it. I had a friend that tried to take a bowling ball through security and he was stopped, guess the ball was considered a weapon so he had to check it in.

Bluesdude, no problem about your questions. I do remember seeing lockers once you get past security but not in the general airport area (prior to security screening). Guess they want your stuff screened before you use the lockers, probably so a terrorist can't leave explosives in the lockers (he has to go through screenings first).

5. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we used it, i think i mentioned in TR but may not of. it was a bus, or the one i was on was. Easy to navigate as well.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks sweetie! Did you have to wait long for the shuttle? Did the driver help you with your bags or did you lift your bags onto the bus by yourself? I'm just hoping that I don't have to wait very long for the shuttle to get from term 3 to term 1. I also hope that the door to the bus is wide (like the car rental shuttles) so I will have an easier time lifting my bags onto the bus.

7. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, not long. Driver was nice but we did our bags, not sure if he attempted to offer to help or not. we had 2 big suitcases and a couple small stuff and found it to be no problem! door was decent size. Have a good trip :) hope u do good bowling.

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the info! I get there next week Thursday so I'm pumped! I get into vegas (cheaper to fly into vegas), get my bags and take the shuttle to terminal 1, check my bag into SW for my noontime flight, then take the wax and drop off my bowling bag at MB or some other hotel in the area, then wax it back to the airport in time for my flight to San Fran for 3 nights, then back to vegas for bowling and fun.

I'm already feeling it! :thumbsup:

9. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that sounds like a lot of trouble for a bowling bag lol. Bell services will keep it for 3 days???

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Heh, Heh, sure they will, lol.

I just didn't want to lug my bowling bag to san fran so will leave it at the Bell desk someplace. I did it before so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I know of others who left their bags when they went to the Grand Canyon with no problems. I will leave my cel phone number on my name tag just in case but I don't expect problems at the bigger hotels. My trip is coming up in 3 days so I will find out and get back to you all on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.