1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ping Pang Pong Gold Coast

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by BackInVegas, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My son wanted some sort of noodles for dinner on our last night in Las Vegas. I took him over to Noodles Exchange at Gold Coast. He did not want that.

Wandered down to Ping Pang Pong. He chose that instead. My only other encounter at Ping Pang Pong was for Dim Sum(spelling?), which I was not impressed with. A few years later go I back over there and try other stuff with my 21.5 year old son.

Crispy Chicken - good
    Three Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce - very good
    Frog legs - never had these before so I wanted something different.

No idea if the frog legs were good or bad, they were dipped with some crust around them. Good because I tried to eat them all. Did NOT taste like the chicken at all. What I learned, frog legs do not have much too them and there are a lot of bones. Will I order it again? Maybe. Was it the best dish ever? Definitely not. Will I be afraid to order them? Nope.

I would order the Three Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce again.

2. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I ate there a few weeks ago the service was non existent. Couldn't get a glass of water, or a check to save my life.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boy... something musta happened... Ping Pang Pong has always been highly regarded. I last ate there over a year ago, so it's been awhile for me, but it was really good then. Frankly it's the only reason I'll even go in the Gold Coast. I know many here on VMB are fond of the GC, but it's just "geezerville" to me and I don't like it.

4. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

Love Ping Pang Pong. Its the only reason I go to the Gold Coast. Ive eaten there at least 40 times and never had an issue with service and the food has always been good and prices to match. The only thing I can complain about is the wait to get seated can be long if you arrive at the wrong time.

5. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Classy Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Besides the low limits, i would have little reason to step foot in the GC, but ping pang pong is great IMO. I absolutely love their potstickers. Their gobo beef is fantastic to me as well. Orange chicken is enjoyable too. They have pretty varied menu so not everything is going to be great for everyone, but it's a place i would like to sample a few more dishes i don't normally see.

6. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yah I was surprised. I've heard good things, so I checked it out. The food was fine and served quickly (once an employee finally stopped at my table) but otherwise the whole dining room floor was a disaster. Other patrons were noticeably unhappy as well. Hostesses spent the whole meal chatting with each other while ignoring people at the entrance. Only one flustered teenager on the floor dealing with a cart filling to the brim with plates. After my initial order it was an employee ghost town. From my one trip here it's hard to believe that this is a highly regarded restaurant.

7. The Ost

The Ost Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually prefer the Noodles Exchange. It's good for lunch.

8. salemorevegaslover

salemorevegaslover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ping pang pong

Very, very overpriced, in my opinion.
    There are many, many more Chinese restaurants in and around that area with as good tasting dishes at 30% less in price. Kinda like Krispy Kreme.......way over rated.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.