1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Monte Carlo $50 Food Reward

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by number5sports, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. number5sports

number5sports Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to all of your input and tips, I was able to get my reward on the first try. I see that it sold out quickly though.

Now that I have the reward, where should I use it?

Thanks again for your help. It made getting the reward very easy!

:beer:

2. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the type of food you want but if you want something casual and relaxed, we really enjoy the Pub. Good food and a ton of beers on tap. If you like Mexican food, Diablos is good too (overpriced but still good).

3. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that you can't go wrong with Diablo's and The Pub. We'll be there in Sept and plan to visit both!

4. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for The Pub.
    Did this reward there last year. Go at happy hour to get more bang for your buck, try the sliders, they are great!
    I swear they have 70 or so beers there.

One more thing, don't order the filet mignon meal. Who in the hell butterflies a filet mignon, and places it on top of a pile of garlic mashed on top of another pile of spinach?!?!
    It was horrible.

5. Red&BlackSmoke

Red&BlackSmoke Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dragon Noodle was very good for lunch. They have a menu posted on the website. We used one their and one at the Pub. Both very good choices. Like others have said use during lunch or happy hour for the most bang for your buck

6. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have used it for Dragon Noodle three times and the Pub a couple times. Both were enjoyable. This last trip, my wife and I combined our rewards to use $100 toward Brand steakhouse and after both having steak and sharing three sides, we paid $25 + tip. Totally worth it.

7. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was surprised how easy it was to get, also--I got it last week, DH got it yesterday. (we go in July) We were on our computers at 7AMPST, with that reward open & kept clicking back & forth (had email copied, ready to paste). DH was so slow while he was typing in info yesterday I thought no way, but he got it!
    I'd love to use mine next week with Mom & try to get another for July for DH & I (the trips are about 7 weeks apart), but there is no way to guarantee it plus who knows if they would be the same batch. DM has about $200 in comps plus 2 24 hour buffets at CET properties so we will dine off her credits next week (I did get us $25 at NFI & ARIA buffet BOGO) & save MC for July!

8. Jake&Avery

Jake&Avery Planning my next vacation!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister and I used it at Diablos - shared some appetizers for a fabulous lunch! We sat near the bar area (at a table) that over looks the strip and it was nice to people watch while we ate!

9. snoop-a-loop

snoop-a-loop Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to get the reward and am also trying to decide the best place to use it. Initial thought was the Pub, but can it be used at Double Barrel? Is it valid at all the MC restaurants? I can't seem to find any details other than just a blanket "participating locations". Thanks!

10. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to snag the reward a few days ago. I used it at Double Barrel since I had not been there before. So it's valid for DB but I was very underwhelmed by the place. I guess the "best" thing about the place is that it's open to strip but your view is basically the Fat Burger and the shopping center. The menu was rather uninspiring. I had their burger which was indeed good but not special. I'd rather the build your own burger at MC's Pub. Also it kind of annoyed me that the waiter mentioned that "Firestone Double Barrel Ale" is their house beer. I asked about it because I wanted to confirm that it was Firestone Walker which it was as the gf spotted the tap handle. They just neglected the full name of the brewery on menu. I'm glad I used it at DB though

11. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I vote for D'Vino (italian).

I was solo, so I tried to spend as much as possible to get it over $50, I usually never buy the filet mignon and a glass of wine. Get the italian chicken soup, it had fresh herbs and a bit of spice.

12. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used one at DB this April. Food was good, service was about the worst I've ever had. Check out the reviews in the restaurant section.

13. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also vote for Dragon Noodle - I have used the reward there before and the food is excellent.

14. snoop-a-loop

snoop-a-loop Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestions, sounds like DB isn't worth a try. Might just stick to the Pub unless we're feeling something a little different.

Question though, when redeeming at the MLife desk, does it have to be used that same day and do you have to tell them where you'll redeem at?

15. vacationaddict

vacationaddict Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

You have to tell the mlife desk where your going to use it and use it within 24hours of loading it on your mlife card

16. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had crispy spring rolls and collard greens (I'm from Canada and hadn't had collard greens before).....both were delicious. I will definitely go back in July. Beware of the additional taxes and charges; they add an entertainment tax when the band is on.

17. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm now actually thinking I'll try to grab one of these. However, I have to ask this question which I bet has been asked a million times, but is the credit good for alcohol as well? My girlfriend and I already have tickets for Blue Man Group and we also like D.Vinos as well, which is also a great place to catch the BMG cavalcade before the first show. I wonder if we can use the credit for dinner and time at the bar during the happy hour before we catch the show.

Edit: Also, does the credit have to be used in full at one sitting? or could we come back, like maybe for a few more drinks or apps after the show?

18. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its good for food and drink but has to be used in one sitting.

19. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! We will plan accordingly. Glad to hear drinks are included, though. We may end up picking another spot to take advantage of the drinks, as we can rack up a hefty drink bill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.