1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help me brainstorm, restuarant idea, nite one, in one week

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by fenway68, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We arrive just after noon in one week! Likely eat lunch at P.U.B. day 1 before heading over to check out the VP bars at Cosmo every one is chatting about..

Stumped for dinner thoughts for later that eve...we are staying at MC

plans for other nites include Javier's, Spago, and one downtown stop-Andiamo's LeThai or Triple George (never been to either three), we are missing day 1 dining...we are not beholden to any nite for Javiers and Spago (nor are we particularly beholden to those, just have loved each meal at both those places, can't seem to not want to go back!)

my brain is stuck, just brainstorm with me...no buffets...no car, will cab for to-die-for-food, tho first nite, prefer not to schlep, can trade off one of the others.

have not been to: Julian Serrano, China Poblano, Scarpetta's, and many more, but those stick out in my mind...we (Dad and I) dine at the bar, we like the one on one with the bartenders...and the folks around us.

how's the new asian joint at MC?

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Julian Serrano at Aria and have some sangria

3. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

The "new Asian joint", Yusho, is fantastic, and if it's on your radar it's not to be missed. I did a quick review here.

With that in mind, since you say you like to dine at the bar, if you don't do Serrano, which is fantastic, give Jaleo a shot. I really liked Yusho and Serrano but a weeknight dinner at Jaleo (when it was less busy) where my friend and I simply said "bring us food and drink until we're full" was the cream of the crop.

4. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest dinner at Galleghers at NYNY, RM seafood at MB, or Rice and Company at Luxor

5. alexanbo

alexanbo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sage is great and has a nice bar area. Last time I ate at the bar and the bartenders were cool

6. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you are heading over to Cosmo after lunch i would suggest you go there a little earlier to take advantage of the best lunch deal in town at Milos. For dinner the options you were considering are all good (tried all except Scarpetta). Jaleo also look like it would be a good choice since it seems to be a good fit for the environment you are looking for and the food is very good.

7. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One more vote for Andiamo's!!!

8. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have done that lunch before (twice), maybe we will do that the first day, we had it planned for later in the week tho, always a great recommendation

9. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    will look at the menu, thanks!

10. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just thought maybe go way casual...sauner up to Tacos el Gordo....seems to get lots of love around here....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.