1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET claiming oversold offer codes on select days

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Funkhouser, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just had an interesting experience booking an offer at CP next week.
    While trying to book Caesars Palace on a particular day, the offer was available online thru the total rewards site and rate calendar, but the site would not let me book and gave me an odd error.

A call to the TR reservations line, told me the offer code I wanted to use was oversold. I then used essentially the same offer offer, with a different code that expired 30 days later (Example 4/30 - 8/31 instead of 7/31) just with a Saturday arrival. Guessing some heavy convention traffic is blocking 5/30 arrival.

Anyway, it seems CET is tightening up the number of a particular offer code for free nights they will allow to book. I am guessing to ensure a good mix of paid vs comp nights. Now on the flip side, I have been low playing them as of late so my ADT has been on the decline. So I wonder if they are enforcing additional rules as well, even on Diamond level TR members. Historically I have see in these cases nights not eligible, offered as "Free" on online booking versus "COMP" via the TR offer.

2. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if there is actually a change or if there is some glitch online. I checked last night and this morning and it appears that even when you get trip pricing on the rate calendar the comped rooms are essentially gone. They show as comped, but if you get the trip price, they aren't. I am glad I already am booked for June if in fact there has been a change.

3. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked Planet Hollywood back in March for 5 nights in August and 5 nights in November comped. It may be a glitch or maybe not, but my calender rate now shows about $250 each week (the weeks i'm going) for Sun-Fri.

I'm glad i have conf #'s for 2014. I did notice that my tier credits went down slightly on Mother's Day week. Probably because i used part of my bankroll at Milife (which i normally don't do).

Looking at my rate calender from Dec, 2014 through May 2015, i see no comped rooms at CET at all Sun-Fri. But this will change, i hope, because i still have 2 more Vegas trips in 2014.

But if it stays the same for 2015, i may stray from CET and regurgitate back to Milife because, as of now, i can stay at Luxor or Monte Carlo (or even Excalibur if i want to be a glutton for punishment), for about the same as Harrah's, Quad, and Flamingo (also Rio). Bally's, where i usually stay at, is showing standard Indigo rooms from Dec-May 2015 for about $80 per night.

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen a few things recently:

1. The "new" front end for the rate calendar occasionally prices the wrong night. For example, I look at a stretch from Friday to Wednesday and I can get all night comped except Saturday, for which it shows a price. When I click on Get Trip Price, it puts the price on Friday instead of Saturday. Which means if I book it, I pay a deposit. I think that's just a glitch.

2. Last trip was in January, and I booked a July trip at Caesars a couple of weeks after I got back. At that time, I was able to get 5 nights comped in a Forum Tower room, including Friday and Saturday. Now Friday is $377 and Saturday is $307. DON'T WAIT TO BOOK.

3. There are nights where Roman Tower is sold out but Forum is not.

4. If I looked at the calendar for Caesars a couple of months ago, about 99% of the dates between now and the end of the year showed as comped. Now it's about 70 - 75%, and most weekends I'd have to pay.

Things are obviously picking up at Caesars Palace

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Avoid using offer codes. Log in and book with your TR number.

I have often tried using an offer code with no luck (curiosity), but can do fine just booking with the selected date.

6. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Typically I might do that, or call my CSE. In this case I wanted the offer which was a chunk of free play, dining comp, and up to 4 nights in laurel collection rooms. Octavius or Augustus tower.

7. pinklime

pinklime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also noticed yesterday that the TR website was acting funny. We arrive on May30 and I'm glad I booked the week prior as the hotel is showing as fully booked. There is a huge convention that starts on May30 at MB, apparently 37,500 attendees. I wonder if CP is busy due to overflow?

8. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pink lime- I noticed the same as I head down May 29- turns out WSOP starts May 27 at the RIO with qualifying tournaments going 24/7 for 7 weeks . As it's CET based, I imagine all will be busy during that time possibly due to that as well?

9. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed that our booked September trip went up by $842 for the week since I booked it in February

I also have a July Paris trip booked a few weeks ago for 5 nights and it increased by $120.00.

My NYE Flamingo trip is close to what it was when I booked it in January however. ($20 difference maybe)

10. pinklime

pinklime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quite likely another reason for hotels being sold out, I've been there before during qualifiers and it's crazy!

11. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, but even the Rate Calendar is showing comp rooms, but when you go and try and get a total the comp rooms are gone. The weird thing is that this happened either thursday night or friday morning. Before that comps were generous as usual, and all of a sudden they weren't. Either the policy changed or there is a glitch on the website.

12. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe that's what's happening at the end of July - as Flamingo is sold out of some room categories for July 21-26.

Yet I am still seeing comp days those weeks for Harrah's Bally's and the Quad. Just the Flamingo (which I already have booked) looks like it is selling out of some room classification.

Will there be any final tables to watch from July 21-26?

13. pinklime

pinklime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know, I prefer to play than watch! I'm sure there must be a schedule listed somewhere?

14. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

15. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every hotel in town is slammed next weekend.. lots of stuff going on, i think there is a HUGE convention. Jewelry maybe? My Dad is going, and one of his friends never booked his room and now he can't get anything, and they are at Hard Rock! Even that is sold out.

Also I think something is up with the new website, and the new way they are sending offers.. I'm sure i'll smooth out soon.

16. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if they're doing renovations and have taken a block of rooms out of service? We had friends there in April and it looked like they had done some work. The hallways in their wing had all of the carpets replaced at least.

17. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I guess I will have to wait till end of Sept to find out. My work schedule has been horrific this past month, along with trying to schedule some time off.
    I luckly was able to get the offer for Labor Day Weekend this far out. Will probably add on either Cosmo or MGM offer and make it 5 nights comp'd.

Definitely not liking the CET website changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.