1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Winning Trips To Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by RouletteGrandMaster, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RouletteGrandMaster

RouletteGrandMaster Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone here actually won a trip to Vegas? I have won two over the years.

2. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not won a complete trip but in the past 4 years I have won 3 pairs of Southwest Airlines green luv passes at various golf tournaments and blood drives. The pair I won at the blood drive came with two tickets to a Cowboy/Redskins game which I sold to a ticket reseller for $850 bucks. The luv passes are great because as long as there are seats available you can fly which makes it great for last minute trips when prices are high. Since I get the room comped I guess you you can say I won several trips to Las Vegas.

Mark

3. DjZZeRo

DjZZeRo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I went I won $400 in slots and $100 on Roulette. Total of $500, I dont gamble much, but that was a lot to me haha.

4. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last trip was a winner but the trip before that I lost 4x that amount.

I think lifetime I'm about 1 in 5 for winners over losers.

5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, two. From the local radio in LA. Nothing fancy. I won 1 night at Flamingo and tickets to Donnie and Marie, and we had a little party with open bar and got to meet Donnie and Marie (awesome!). Then I won 1 night to PH and tickets to Peepshow and a $100 gift certificate to Planet Dailies.

If you are in LA. KOST 103.5 gives away a TON of them. They do parties all summer with like 2 nights at a CET property and tickets to a show usually. It would definitely be easier to win something like this since only locals can enter, than a national contest. Keep your eye on Kost, MyFM and Kiis websites.

6. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two years ago I came in 2nd in the millionaire maker slot tournament at Tunica Roadhouse. The prize was $1000 FP and a trip for 2 to Las Vegas for the finals which included airfare.

7. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About 3 out of 5 I lose pretty much everything I brought, 1 out of 5 I break even and 1 out of 5 I win. Good thing I'm an advantage player! :wink2:

8. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait...are you asking if anyone has "Won a trip to Vegas" or "Had a winning trip to Vegas"

SYNTAX ERROR!!!! DOES NOT COMPUTE!!

9. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never actually won a trip to Vegas, although I guess between room & freeplay comps and airline points from work travel many of the trips have been free.

For my first 50 trips pre-2008 when I went with bankrolls ranging from $100-$1,000 I would say I won maybe 5 times or 10% of the time. Since 2008, I've been on a very hot run and have won 75% of the time or more. Granted a lot of those have been very small wins compared to a greatly increased bankroll (usually $3,000-$7,500) and the losing trips I've had have been total meltdowns.

Such is the way of the "Martingale Dirty Chaser" system.

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also totally misread this thread first. I definitely have never won a trip to Vegas, but I have not really tried to either.

11. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never won a trip to Vegas but would LOVE to. They were giving out stays at Aria last year on the radio. I was trying so hard, but it was a no-go.

12. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck no but I DO consider it a WIN getting free rooms & food every trip so our only cost is what we loose gambling. (our flights are free about half the time too)

13. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, I've never won a trip either. However, between room comps and flights on points, its been pretty cheap over the years. With respect to winning on trips, I've been going to Las Vegas with a buddy for about 18 or 19 years.
    The first four or five years, I won every other year. Its been slim pickings ever since. However, based on what it costs, its still the cheapest vacation I know of.
    Its a break from family responsibilities and work.

I need a vacation from my vacations
  14. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here.....!:beer:

15. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were going to submit for a contest which was a trip to Vegas.

After reading the fine print of the total "estimated" worth and determining the taxes one would have to pay for winning this prize it would be much cheaper for us to book our own flight. Since our rooms are usually free anyway the flight is our only expense. As a result, we don't bother with any trips to Vegas contests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.