1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Long Term Stay During Transition

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by azbob, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azbob

azbob MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be moving for a job in Henderson. Looking for a long term stay, until about mid-Sept, to bridge the gap before finding a rental house.

Any thoughts on longer term stay options that include a larger than hotel sized refrigerator. Flexible other than near Henderson and safe.

Rental house looking for one-story, 2-3 bdrm in a mature neighborhood...at least two car garage probably south and west of the city. We have two dogs.

I can provide more details if that is helpful for either the long term stay (starting at the end of June) or the house rental (mid Sept).

2. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm confused where and what you want. You want south and west of Henderson? Are you looking for a short term rental in June and then a long term house to rent? Most apartment rentals have a minimum of 6month lease. Do you want furnished for the short term?

TomTWI

3. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Howard Johnson near Nellis was good to us. Big fridge, stove, microwave, etc. and they have weekly/monthly rates.

4. azbob

azbob MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    June 28 until around Sept 10...extended stay in a hotel/apt/house which is furnished somewhere near GVR area...near = about 20-25mns drive time. Thanks for the inside info on HoJo...I'll take a look.

Around Sept 10, looking for an unfurnished house to rent year-to-year with preference for a one story somewhere in the same vicinity as above. (two dogs)

5. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boulder Highway

I don't know Henderson all that well, I did a little searching and found the place below on Boulder Highway. A one bedroom goes for $1,050/Month. This should be within your drive time limit. Like I said I don't have first hand knowledge. Maybe someone that lives in that area can think of something. Of course there is also the national brand Extended stays like Marriott and Ramada if your budget can handle.

I'm afraid the Hojo near Nellis might be a longer drive than you wanted unless it's at off peak times. I know I wouldn't want that commute.

TomTWI

http://www.sienasuiteshotel.com/

6. azbob

azbob MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks a lot...I'll take a look. I also read your notes to others who have made similar requests...appreciate the info.

7. jasonargo

jasonargo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you checked out the vacation rental websites?

I used to work (one company removed) for homeaway.com, who also has VRBO.com. There are other competing sites out there as well, with owners renting out their homes directly to visitors.

There are hundreds of available properties, and the sites let you narrow your search down by # br's, location, etc. For a long- term stay this may be more what you're looking for.

-

8. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea, the nice thing is you can negotiate with the owner directly in most cases.

TomTWI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.