1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Rate Calendar

Discussion in 'Comps' started by vegas4pools, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hate it!!! Besides the fact that I kept holding off on booking a room at Ballys for Labor Day week (Aug 31 thru Sept 6). Three of the six nights would have been comped. I was waiting to make sure my boss would've given me the approval for my time off, I lost the comps that week. Kick myself! But I swear from second to next second, CET changes those rates on the calendar. Even when I'm signed in on the same session. I went to book it even considering there was now a rate ($16/ night) for that week for me. So I selected it right?! On the next page for confirmation the rates hike back up to another rate... What is this crap?! When I call CET to explain all they tell me is that rates change story. I suppose it wouldn't do much good either to say I saw the comps last night for those days and today I went to book and they're gone. Grrrrrrrr. Next time I won't wait!

:cry:

2. meliphilus

meliphilus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delete your browser cache and then log back in. I find the best rates this way.

3. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've attempted this route in the past. I wonder what gives.

4. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    earn credits so you can take it off the backend... easy enough man :)

5. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crazy though... I just booked 4 nights comp on some random week (no intention of going) and my comps reappeared on the week I'm available to go! And the remaining three days are even at a way lower rate!!! Woohoo

6. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moral of the story is book any comp nights immediately (You can Always cancel if need be later on)

7. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drives me nuts, too. I just booked four nights at the Flamingo from June 29-July 3. The last three were comped, while Sunday night was on the calendar for 38.00. When I went to make the actual reservation, Sunday night was listed at $21.00. I'm still not going to complain about that though. :peace:

8. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Changing browsers can also work sometimes. When I was booking for NY, the best rates came up in Firefox. I couldn't match those at all in IE or Chrome. I asked host and he said he couldn't see rates at all to compare to that & grab them fast. (Normally I am comped 5 nights but 12/30 & 12/31 were $55 a night in a Go room at Flamingo). He said they do use different marketing venues to try to attract different players & he figured the lower rate promo was something that was only showing up thru the Firefox path.

Now Delta does that to me all the time. Once I have found a rate I like & want to consider, I have to actually search a few other rates to 'keep' it. Otherwise it will spike that initial rate up to a higher level.

9. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rate calender does change, if you get any nights comped, book as soon as you can, you can always change it. Comped nights never get put on your CC, the resort fees are done at check out.
    I'm booked for 10 nights Aug-Nov, comped. Looking at my rate calender now, there's no comped nights. So the sooner the better.

What i did find interesting is my TR Gold tier credits went up about 200 more. I was in Vegas about 2 weeks ago, when i got back it seemed lower than usual (although i did gamble a little on my MiLife card).

Perhaps Gary Loveman rewarded me the extra 200 tier credits as an honest mistake on my part and that i will forever be grateful to him.......LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.