1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Minivan upgrade success anyone?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by alebrewer, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alebrewer

alebrewer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm headed out in July with 2 other couples and we're trying to rent a minivan for the week but can't get anything less than $500. Instead we got two City Special mid-size from Dollar for $110 ea.

Has anyone tried to upgrade in the garage to a minivan with any success? I'm figuring a $50 bill would give us a shot at one but am curious if anyone has tried it.

2. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gotten one before when using the Lock-Low-and-go. I've found they are very easy-going down in the garage. I have dollar express and have on a few occasions not liked the condition the car they initially gave me was in and just asked "Hey, what about this car over here, can I do that one?" and often the answer is yes.

3. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cash used to be king in the garage. I even got an instant van upgrade at the counter once from Dollar in San Diego. Doesn't seem to be the case any more.

4. alebrewer

alebrewer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I'll give it shot and report back.

5. nbdysreal

nbdysreal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year a $20 tip in the garage upgraded me from a minivan to a tahoe at Alamo. They were trying to charge a little over 200 if i paid for the upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.