1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

And the summer trip is ...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vancouver and Victoria!!

Terri'll fly to YVR and I'll drive up from Bend after the annual golf junket concludes.

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonderful! Wave as you go by! :)

Are you driving home too? If you end your trip in Victoria, take the Coho to Port Angeles and you can do the OlyPen on your way south. Hell, I'd go all the way down the coast, but I'm a crazy person with too much time on my hands.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seattle, July 4th-8th

4. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm trying to wedge in a game at Autzen on the way back so when we depart Canuckistan we might be moving with haste.

5. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Again? That's a good sign! Great city.

I have Banff and Jasper in June and still might do Hawaii at the end of the month; can't decide. Tahoe in mid-July. Then my PNW road trip (and 35th H.S. reunion … ouch).

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah you kid, only 35th.

7. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've wanted to do this trip for a few years now, but I'm not really sure why. I know it's beautiful, but I'm lacking on specifics of what we'd do there other than typical "explore the city"-type stuff. So, what's on the agenda, ken? Thanks!

We did Seattle in 2012 and I definitely understand the desire to return so soon. Love that city. My whole family really loved our hotel, too – we were at the Hyatt Olive 8.

8. fossefritz

fossefritz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This Thursday till god knows how long--Traverse City as family opens up cottage and we all drink ,fish on elk lake which is right in our back yard and hopefully find some peace and quiet as it's been a hectic winter:beer:

9. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll eat. And eat. Golf. Probably sniff around the V.I. wine scene. Eat. Hike and do some water stuff. Check out the gardens and take in the cool modernity of Vancouver and the cool history of Victoria. We'll eat, of course.

The problem for us will be way too little time which is why we might just do all our time in Victoria and then head up island for a few days. We're definitely the type who like to hop less and take in more depth.

Lucky to have family in Seattle now so way more opps to get our fix of that great city!!

And let's not discount golf, brews and Bend as my lead in!!!!

10. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The drive from Bend up north will be nice.
    My college roomate, native Orygunian, just moved to Bend and he's been bugging his Cali boys for a visit. We always do Bandon and we're trying to stretch it a few more days. So many courses, so little time (as I approach my 50th HS reunion). My buddy was a unique combo in college. All conference DB AND #1 player on the golf team. Those two things just didn't meld in big time D- 1 1960's college sports.
    My brother got chased by an elk at Jasper. Great MacDonald track.

11. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you staying in Banff and Jasper? The Fairmonts? Thinking about heading to those places as well...

12. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I owe Dan a trip back to Victoria because we missed out on having poutine at the Yates St Taphouse. Oh, darnit.

13. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thompson?

We're playing Brasada, Broken Top/Tetherow, Crosswater/Meadows, and one at Pronghorn. You need to take him up on that bug. Bend is coolio. Awesome all-season town. Beer. Beer. Beer. And Crater Lake Vodka.

Your roommate was Hale Irwin? lol But you went to the BEST school in Los Angeles, no?

14. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, Fairmont.

15. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought he was begging you for a trip to Vegas, no?!

16. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thompson of course.
    And I always forget about Hale. He was really an exception. He's in the Colorado football HOF as is Mark at UCLA if I'm not mistaken. Short golf season up there in Boulder but Hale managed ok. For like, 50 years.

17. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still don't think Irwin gets the credit he deserves. (And Casper, who clearly is a great.) Twenty official tour wins, three mayors, other wins around the world and a Grumps Tour record -- I know, I know -- that never will be exceeded … makes him a certain near-great.

18. twolfe

twolfe Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Summer Trip

I don't post much here but my summer trip this year is my retirement trip leaving last week of July headed from Arlington Texas to Colorado then on up to do the Sturgis rally and then back sometime the third week of August. I am retiring the first of July and cannot wait, been hanging out at the same company for the last 40 years and time to hang up my Inspection tools and call it a career. :beer::beer:

19. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on what sounds like a reward that is well deserved.

20. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

For the second straight year - Salt Lake City. Last year, instead of flying, my wife and I drove I-80 all the way from Illinois and thought it to be quite tolerable. So much so, we're thinking of passing on flying and doing the long road trip again.
    That's a big change for us after flying about everywhere cross country the past 15-20 years. Maybe we begin to like driving more after the age of 55.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.