1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Grand Early Check In

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by keishashadow, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keishashadow

keishashadow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed on most of the MGM properties there is an option to pre-book early checkin for a fee ($20 - $30).

Prices dropped for our dates @ MGM. Called in to cancel and rep told me she could make the adjustment vs cancelling & rebooking online for no charge - yea.

I mentioned we would be arriving on an early flight for short stay and wanted to add the pre-book option. She told me: "there is no need...a room will be available".

I'm not adverse to trying $20 trick when we do check-in (even though it appears not much luck since we'll be in a grand room) but really would like to be able to drop our bags, freshen up and hit the ground running.

Should I take the rep at her word?

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes.

Out of 21 hotel check ins in Vegas, all early, only once did I have to wait until the official check in time.

3. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There will be a room available.

Last time I checked in early there and the guy tried to charge me for early check-in. I was like, "Whaaaaa?!"

After a minor back and forth, I was not charged.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had any problem checking in early. Last time I was at MGM, I got there at about 10am and there was a room ready; I told the girl at the counter that I didn't mind waiting in case something better would be available later (the room in question was on a low floor facing an HVAC unit, I believe), and wound up in a Tower Spa Suite a couple hours later. I definitely could have had a room as soon as I got there, though.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria is the only MGM property where I have had trouble checking in early. The one time I tried checking in early at MGM was just a couple months ago. I was there before 10am and it was no problem

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. keishashadow

keishashadow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :beer:we had a long wait last trip @ Flamingo but it was super bowl weekend, normally check in after 4 pm.

Don't really care as to the view since it'll be a quickie trip, anything will work but it would be nice if they said 'happy birthday' and threw us a bone.:faint:

Had wondered if it would be beneficial to check in @ the airport since I've never seen the counter have much of a line...wondering if they are more/less generous.

7. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^

is the MGM check in desk still at the airport? I saw it my first two trips to Vegas, but then in September 2012 when I was actually staying at MGM, I couldn't find it...and have been back three times since and haven't seen it.

On topic, during my last trip I checked in three different places (two for me, one for my parents) and all were before noon. At flamingo, we were told by a staff member to either check our bags or pay the $30 early check in fee, but when I went up to the desk (used the Total Rewards Gold line, which is the lowest TR level) and was told there would be no fee and they had a room ready for me. (this was on a monday)

At Mirage, on the same Monday, they had only one room on the 2nd floor (though the guy beside me was offered a higher floor so I don't know what was up with that). Was told if we checked our bags we could get a better floor after 3 pm, but I've stayed at Mirage twice before and a view meant nothing to me, so we checked in)

At Vdara, checked in early on a Friday morning and was offered my choice of a high or low floor. We took high and a got a nice view from the 35th floor.

No charges at any of the above.

Arriving to Vegas before noon in July, but because it's booked through a host and the room is already blocked off for me (with a specific view), I don't anticipate any problems.

8. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The MGM Check-In at the airport closed down a while ago.

9. keishashadow

keishashadow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol I'd have been wandering around LAS looking for it, thanx

10. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had more luck checking in early at MGM Grand than any other hotel. When we first started going to Vegas MGM used to be our home base. We often flew out on the 6 or 7am flight getting us to Vegas around 8 or 9am. I so loved waking up in my bed in Houston and being at La Salsa in time for the breakfast special! We had time to Land, grab a cab, check in at MGM, and still make breakfast. LOVED it! Although not being an early bird and always staying up late packing we've since started opting for a later flight..lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.