1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Michael Jackson ONE dress code...

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by SupermanAteMyDog, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Guys

I have a few things to do around Mandalay Bay etc before going to see MJ One. Now, as it's a red hot summer day, me and the missus will be very casual for the day. Will we be OK to go and see the show just wearing shorts or will we have to venture back to the hotel to get changed and/or take clothes with us to change??

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is generally one of those topics that gets a wide range of responses. Though I've yet to see this particular show, I've seen plenty and almost always in a pair of cargo shorts and a polo shirt. There are those on the board however, that feel a tuxedo is mandatory for everything except dining at McDonald's, which they won't do cause it's a chain restaurant, but I digress... I think you'll be just fine to be clean and comfortable, whatever that means for you.

Have FUN!

3. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The dress code is that you must have pants shirt and shoes on any type will do that's not to say all choices are tasteful but they will allow you in.

4. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd refrain from a tank top in a showroom.

Other than that, Vegas is basically a free-for-all (and that makes me sad)

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to the show one week ago and saw people wearing shorts. I think you will be fine

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that the shorts are fine, I've not been to that particular show, but I would be inclined to take a sweater with because some of those theaters are a bit chilly.

7. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could wear only a banana hammock after a day at the pool, and they'll let you in.

8. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with airball.

As has been said, shirt, shoes, and something for the waist area. Dress code for women is minimal(non-existent?), for men there is a bit more of a code.

If it is summertime(May to Sept), I consider shorts completely acceptable for any show.

9. God-Speed

God-Speed "Live Life, Live It!"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will be fine in shorts and shirts as long as it doesn't look like you just came from the pool. My wife and I saw the show last August and dressed up with slacks and button down. You guys are also going to love the show!!!! Hope you have a fun time!!!!:thumbsup:

10. ihatesnow

ihatesnow Tourist

This would be my concern. Can anyone speak to the general temp comfort of this theatre?

11. revante

revante Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Casual is fine. I think if you avoid looking like you just came from the pool... you'll be fine. It is a great show! The temperature in there is cool. Females might need a light sweater... but if you don't have one it won't be much of an issue. The show is fun... makes you want to move! Enjoy!

12. Thanks guys. I suppose there's nothing wrong with taking some trousers in a shoulder bag if we see fit, we certainly won't be wearing swimming shorts and/or other tacky clothing so should be fine either way :D :thumbsup:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.