1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Señor frogs or Carlos and Charlie

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by wandawoman, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wandawoman

wandawoman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which is better? Anybody been to both? Which would you recommend.

2. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do NOT recommend señor frog's. Went there with a buddy in December. We both had extended intestinal events, to be polite. Worst Mojito on the strip. Overpriced, poor service.

Interesting fun atmosphere, like the signs on the ceiling. Really wish we didn't get deathly ill.

No we weren't hammered. One drink each, started walking back down the strip towards Monte Carlo where we were staying. Had to hit the toilets at Belaggio. Very bad night after that!

3. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to both but only for drinks. My preference is Señor Frog’s because I like the location at TI better than Flamingo and think it has more of a fun party atmosphere. You can always walk from Señor's over to Gilley's if you want a different vibe.

4. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going for Mexican food neither are very good, try Border Grill, Tacos n Tequila, Tacos El Gordo or even Gonzalez y Gonzalez. For cocktails on the patio they can be fun.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I been to both and used a 1/2 off groupon for both. Food wasn't very good at either one, imo. Did not have any alcohol at either place. Won't be going back to either one, even if I could get it 1/2 off again. If I was forced to go back to one, I'd go senor frogs, but I didn't get sick like Piggylane did.

6. shortykb

shortykb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very very expensive. Food is not that good. This is strictly a drinking place.

Also I have been to several Senor Frogs include Cancun and at most cruise ports and you are better off to go to the ones in Mexico. I was disappointed at the one in Vegas.

7. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have been to Carlos and Charlies, and had overpriced average food. Gonzalez y Gonzalez, Border Grill are better choices, or even Pink Taco at HRH.

8. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are owned by the same company. Frogs is rowdier and louder since it gets more traffic from the Strip.

Senor Frogs also charges a service charge now. It is either 3.5% or 4.7%, I can't remember which. It doesn't go towards tipping the server either. I haven't seen it reported that C&C's has adopted this fee yet.

If you want good mexican food, avoid both.

9. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you've been to one Senor Frogs, you've been to them all. They are all the same.

They make their mojitos wrong at SF. They use soda water and sweet and sour. Sweet and sour doesn't belong in a mojito. They did the same thing at the Senor Frogs we went to in Aruba last month.

10. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to see my experience eating there wasn't just a fluke. I remember there being a lot of hype when Carlos and Charlie came into the Flamingo. I had never been more disapointed in a meal.

11. TwiceTheJava

TwiceTheJava Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see my experience also wasn't a fluke. It was so bland! I put a quarter to one-third bottle of their "hot" sauce on my food and it was still mild. It would be disappointing and bland outside of the southwestern US, to say nothing of how below my expectations it was for Vegas Mexican food.

12. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very true, Senor Frogs and C and C are great brands in Mexico and other non U.S. vacation destinations. I personally feel when your in vegas there's so many different options why spend your time there?

13. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a new place in the Quad. It was always busy and I was told it had good reviews. Sorry, can't think of the name.

14. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. There are several eateries with AUTHENTIC mexican food.

15. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't need to be repeated, but C & C was terrible. I didn't especially care for Border Grill, either, but in fairness it was still a step above C & C.

16. basicearth

basicearth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not worth it

I third this opinion!!! We had a coupon so we tried Carlos and Chalies and the food was "average", the price way to high and even our server acted like she had better things to be doing.

I wouldn't go back. There are too many "good" places to eat at in Las Vegas .. don't waste your time here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.