1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sunday brunch?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Srvanwyk, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Srvanwyk

Srvanwyk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whats a good sunday brunch now that sterling is out of commission? Not wanting a low end buffet. Im guessing sterling was in its own league but something reasonably close.

2. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Country Club Grill and Jasmine are two of our favourites.

3. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Verandah @ Four Seasons (inside Mandalay Bay)

About $50 per person but you get a great brunch and outstanding service!

It has to be one of the best in Vegas!

4. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sterling was great if you love to drink a lot of champagne but food wise it wasn't exactly top tier. The value they brought to the table is that they served unlimited veuve clicquot which is unheard of for that price.

Wynns Jazz brunch is excellent at their Country Club and Border Grill is another favourite brunch spot of mine. Does it have to be a buffet? Otherwise i would recommend Bouchon for the best brunch in town.

Also i heard good things about Mozen Bistro and Jasmine for brunch but haven't got the chance to try it myself but could certainly be worth looking into.

5. arkansas grandma

arkansas grandma Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am so glad you said Sterling's wasn't all the great. We had planned on going there for years, but first at $30 we didn't think it would be worth it, then $50 and we were sorry we didn't go when it was $30. I guess the last we heard it was $75. I was kicking myself, now I am not so upset. We like the bubbly, but we don't go to drink, we wanted really good food and service. I think Sunday buffets are long out of style. The one we loved was, the buffet at Circus Circus steak house. It is the only thing we liked about cc.

6. Srvanwyk

Srvanwyk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya we like the buffet option for the variety of good food. Also want somewhere that offers champagne or bloody marries. Not looking to get tore up but like to start sunday mornings off right! Thanks for the ideas everyone!!!!

7. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My three favorite Sunday Brunches are Wynn's Country Club Jazz Brunch, Bellagio Jasmine Fountain Brunch and Mandarin Oriental's Mozen Bistro Brunch.

Jazz brunch is both a buffet and table service menu all for one price. I just ate at the Jazz Brunch again last month but haven't written up my latest with photos, however it was still good and most of the items are the same.

http://www.lasvegasdaze.com/2013/02/wynns-country-club-jazz-brunch.html

http://www.lasvegasdaze.com/2011/12/wynns-country-club-jazz-brunch.html

Bellagio Jasmine Fountain Brunch. I have more up to date photos of this brunch but unfortunately those are mixed in with various trip reports from the last two years. The buffet menu changes periodically so check out the Bellagio website for the latest dishes. They also serve the Peking Duck table side, but all other dishes are out on the buffet.

http://www.lasvegasdaze.com/search/label/Jasmine%20fountain%20brunch

Mandarin Oriental Mozen Bistro Sunday Brunch, in addition to the buffet you get to select one item off a menu and it's made to order. Also if you like unlimited Veuve Clicquot, Mozen has it for $35.00 per person or they did last time I was there which was about 4 months ago. The Jazz Brunch at Country Club also has unlimited Veuve but for a higher price around $50 though they might have increased that recently.

http://www.lasvegasdaze.com/search/label/MOzen%20Bistro%20Brunch

Links above to photos and comments on the brunches on my blog. If anyone is Vegan the Wynn Country Club Jazz Brunch has a menu for them in addition to their regular one.

La Cave at Wynn also has a nice brunch and while it's not my favorite out of the above here's a link to that one too.

http://www.lasvegasdaze.com/2012/07/la-cave-brunch-at-wynn.html

8. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always raved about the Sterling Brunch until we tried the Jazz Brunch the first time. It's one of my favorite meals in Vegas and it just seemed to be higher quality/more upscale than what we experienced at Sterling.

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Verdanah is good, it's almost like a retreat to be in the Four Season, it's cool. Border Grill is also delicious. Sit out on the patio and do the unlimited mimosas. Delicious. (it's unlimited small plates) it's not priced to bad either I think it's $36

For high end breakfasts in general I like Mon Ami Gabi, Bouchon.. I'm generally not in favor of the "brunch" prix fix concepts in Vegas, it's way to expensive for... eggs. I'd rather just order what I want... it's much cheaper.

10. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you could choose just one for your next trip, which would it be?

I am showing some family around town this weekend and am in a conundrum about which place to choose. I had narrowed it down to these three and made a reservation for Jasmine mainly due to the impressiveness of the fountains.

But food-wise, which of the three would be the most impressive?

11. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The food is excellent at all of them. If you have someone in your party who tends to prefer not to get up for their food that much and would rather order off a menu (limited menu but you can order as much as you want from it) then go with the Country Club Jazz Brunch at Wynn. Also pick this one if they like gumbo and New Orleans type food over Asian.

However the Jasmine Brunch while it doesn't have a menu to order from does have more selection on their buffet tables then the Jazz brunch and it's hard to beat that fountain view. Here's the link to their latest list of items on their buffet.

http://www.bellagio.com/files/restaurants/fountains_brunch_menu.pdf

After thinking of it a bit more, I think I would stay with your reservation for the Fountain Brunch at Jasmine, it's a bit more impressive IMO.

12. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I will keep it! The menu is why I booked it over MOzen initially. Did something change at MOzen? The menu is vasty different than it was a year or so ago. The old menu had "passed small plates" from servers with hot and cold small plates that sounded interesting. It also had a larger raw bar as well as a yogurt and oatmeal bar.

Overall, the non-entree portions of the MOzen menu now looks very generic.

13. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Mozen twice now and the first time I went last summer I was expecting them to be passing the small plates but they had already changed that. It's still very good and the quality is high but it's true the selection is more limited. I wouldn't call the buffet part completely generic since quite a few items are still asian foods that you don't necessarily see in the asian section of the regular buffets.

If you enjoy the passing of small plates of fresh food then you might want to go to Wynn's La Cave for their brunch at some point. The buffet portion is very limited but they must have about 30 or more different small plates they bring around, though a lot of them are definitely breakfast related type foods.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.