1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Pool?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by rdrfn70, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdrfn70

rdrfn70 Low-Roller

Thinking of staying there next month... I would like to here some opinions about the pool is it any good?

2. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I love it. Never had a problem getting chairs to sit and lounge ever. Since I am fair skinned and can't be in the sun for too long of a period of time w/o looking like a lobster, I was able to go back to the room, refill my drinks while reapplying the spf and walk back in with my drink to the pool area by using one of their Aria plastic cups. Kept the drink cost to a minimum.

3. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting about the Aria plastic cups. Did you get the cups by first purchasing a drink from them pool area or did you get it from the room or something? I'm trying to figure out what to do about drinks at the pool there because I hear they are super costly. I was thinking of wrapping a few cans of beer in a towel as well as a few waters?

5. ilovetogamble

ilovetogamble Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes- if you get the large drink, it comes in a plastic cup from the pool area. Its fairly decent size and it costs around 15 dollars. I got a 7 and 7 with limes. Dont recall the exact price actually. It just kept adding up in my room bill. lol

You can keep going back to your room and refilling if you want. The distance to the elevator and the pool area is very short. They provide towels for you at the pool but i guess you can wrap some beer and/or waters in them. The person at the entrance just want to see your room key and wave you through.

Have Fun

6. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh ok I read that one mixed drink was $25 there! Oh towels are provided there..hmm that means it will be hard to hide drinks in a bag.

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just there this weekend. My thoughts:

1. The pool area itself is very nice. Landscaping is beautiful, it's big but not too big, and I didn't have any trouble getting chairs. I saw lots of people coming and going during the day, and didn't notice anybody other than large groups having an issue with chairs. I did hear more than one staff member tell people that if they saw a chair with a towel and nothing else, it was fair game, so leave a magazine or something (personally, I think this is a great rule).

2. I didn't try to sneak any adult beverages in, but it would have been easy. They check bags, but it's cursory. I did have two large water bottles in the bag I brought down, and those got in no problem.

3. Speaking of adult beverages, that's the one flaw. Cocktail service was abysmal. We couldn't get a waitress for more than two hours; the two or three who passed us were all "not working our section" or "dropping off orders and then would come back". And the line for the single pool bar was insane, at times with 15+ people in it and only two bartenders working. I get they actually make the drinks each time as opposed to just pulling from a frozen drink dispenser, but it's silly to have to wait 20 minutes for a beer.

8. ilovetogamble

ilovetogamble Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont recall the exact prices. I just kept telling them to charge it to the room. But that sounds about right.

9. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

10. ilovetogamble

ilovetogamble Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

11. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No I didn't buy one of their drinks. I had an IPA in my hand in a bottle and the guy gave me a regular plastic Aria cup and had me throw the bottle out. I saw a few others walking in with these same cups with drinks in them so I ran with that the whole day. Never got asked.

12. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at Aria 9 times and been to the pool during most of the stays.

Pool area is very nice and usually not difficult to get seats.
    We always arrive before noon. After 1pm it starts to get busier.
    Normally drink service is pretty good but I was there two weeks ago(Mayweather fight) and it was bad.

They even had the cabana attendants out taking drink orders at the pool.
    I think it is still preseason and after Memorial Day they bring on more staff.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.