1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shipping Parcels to MGM?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by herder, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay so less then 2 weeks away, getting excited.

Just wondering if anyone has shopped online and shipped packages to MGM? Being Canadian I would love to take advantage of some online shopping and being able to pick it up when I get to MGM. Has anyone done this? Has it gone smoothly?

I see on the MGM site it says you can ship parcels to them but doesn't give anymore detail. Can I shop on Amazon and get it delivered to them? Can it arrive before I get there, as it would be great to be able to order some stuff I can use on my trip.

Thanks for any input.

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes but there usualy is a fee at most hotels for packages depending on the size, just keep that in mind

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its on their website in their business center information:

Receiving:
    All incoming packages shipped to guests are processed and maintained at the corresponding Business Services location. To avoid delays it is important to schedule shipping so that packages arrive at the MGM Business Services 2-3 days before the recipient needs the package. Once a package is processed a text message will be left on the guest's room. The below handling fees are assessed per package based on weight.

Inbound/Outbound Processing Fees:
    The Business Services charges a handling fee based on the weight of each package.

Letters/Packs - $5.00
    0-15 lbs. - $7.00
    16-30 lbs. - $13.00
    31-50 lbs. - $20.00
    51-75 lbs. - $25.00
    76-99 lbs. - $35.00
    100+ lbs. - $0.75 per lb.

But you also have to check that the company you are buying from will do this for you: being that you are Canadian and your card is Canadian, that you would be asking for them to ship it to a hotel address in the USA it is probably going to raise every red flag the seller has for credit card fraud

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just call your credit card and have them add the hotel adddres as an alternative address i do it all the time

5. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. Thats What I needed.

I wonder if Amazon.com would give me a hard time. They do deliver to Canada but need to pay taxes, brokerage fees, and shipping.

6. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Idea. Thanks

7. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks I didn't try to business center. Now I see it

8. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a small Amazon package shipped to The Mirage last year and had no problems. I called up the host to get the correct address, I did one day shipping and it was there when I checked in. I just walked over to the business center and picked it up. I didn't pay anything extra for them to receive it. I double-checked the Mirage website and they don't have fees for holding packages from what I could see. Probably differs by hotel.

9. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage does have a fee for receiving packages:

http://www.mirage.com/files/Policies_and_Procedures.pdf

The rates seem to be exactly same as those at MGM. Last year, I did receive a package from Amazon to Mirage, and I paid the fee.

Though, had no problems with Amazon shipping it to a hotel with an international billing address and international credit card.

10. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I travel to Las Vegas all the time. In fact I arrive Monday and have nine boxes and equipment cases awaiting me at the Gold Coast (cheap for conducting business meetings). I will have to pay about $200 to receive those packages. It's more expensive at strip properties.

Best bet if you are renting a car is to have them sent to a FedEX Office facility "hold for pickup" and you don't pay the Union fees (yes, that's what it is). FedEx Ground Packages are held at a facility off St Rose parkway. Express seems to change every now and then but the one near the Silver Sevens does NOT hold packages. Call them if you want to exercise this option.

11. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now it might be cheaper/easier to ship a package to your hotel instead of checking it with the airline. Depending on how much it weighs I'm sure.

12. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    amazon.ca

13. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done exactly this multiple times with no issues.

The only thing you should watch out for is making sure you will be at the hotel long enough to cover any delivery delays.

I had this very sad experienced with a Nook once...

14. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does it matter how long beforehand I sent the package? I''m guess not.

I am checking in late evening Wednesday May 21. If I order this weekend the packages could get there as early as this tue/wed. Over a week before I can pick them up.

15. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When heading back east to DC or NYC and going to be there for a week or more, I box up my clothes and ship 'em Fed Ex and have never had a hotel charge me for receiving. It's kinda cool... I call for the box when I get to my room. Put 'em all back in the box and have it picked-up for return shipment on the last day of my visit. No big bag to wrestle with...

16. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would call them and check whats their policy on that.

It might be that they accept it no problem and will hold it for you... might be a storage fee for holding it that long... might be that they check the computer, see no current guest registered under that name and turn it away...

Either way it'll be best to check because if you show up and your stuff should be there and for whatever reason its not saying "Yeah, but some random person on the internet told me that you would hold and store my package for a week and a bit..." isn't going to hold any weight as an argument.

17. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have shipped things to myself at Mlife properties many times before my arrival. The important thing is to put Att: (Your Name) and "Please hold for guest arriving 5/21" on the package. That way they know you are a guest of the hotel and when you are checking in.

The package will be waiting for you in the Business Center. Most hotels can have the package delivered to your room so you don't have to pick it up. There definitely is a charge depending on size and weight of the package (I sent a large heavy package to myself at Bellagio once and it cost about $20).

18. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a car, then you could have your package(s) sent to a Kinkos/Fed Ex office in LAS for pick up by you. Call them to check, but there might not be a charge to do this since you are shipping with Fed Ex ...

19. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for helping out.

MGM holds all packages for at least 2 weeks. So I guess there is no problem if I order now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.