1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Firefly car rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by cpochick, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone actually try it? If so how was the experience? I waited until last minute and they are the cheapest but I looked at some reviews and they were pretty bad, not just trying to push the insurance but not actually having any cars and telling people to come back in 4 hours. Just curious, I may just have to bite the bullet and pay the more expensive rate at one of the more reputable places.

2. stormy

stormy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Right now rental car rates are too high for my budget . I read the same negative reviews on Firefly and EZ Car Rental. Those 2 companies are charging far less than the well known rental car companies. Maybe they are new and offering the low rates to draw more customers. But I am gonna trust the reviews and pay the extra money and go with the bigger name brand.

3. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never actually used Firefly, but it appears the biggest complaints are wait time and possible lack of cars. The last time I was there, I didn't notice a long line at Firefly. Payless, on the other hand, probably had close to 50 people in line. We used EZ for the 4th or 5th time and had no issues yet again.

4. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted this in January after our December trip.

We used them on our trip two weeks ago, very little up sell compared to some of the others. The first car they gave me, had a low coolant light come on before we left the building. So they knocked $10 off the bill.
    Both cars had 40-50k on them, but the second one a 2013 focus was fine and very easy on gas. Only a small sign, so their counter is kinda hard to see, but its just to the left of Dollar. No line at all, so I’ll give them a try if their cheapest next trip also.

5. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks I may try EZ they have better reviews ... still some bad ones but much better than Firefly.

6. steveorama

steveorama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just rented from Firefly.
    I arrived Wed. night at 11:30 pm - reservation was for 12:30.
    I originally booked thru shop at home portal (3% savings I think). Their rate was lower than everyone - I had reservation for 17 days.
    I then searched thru Priceline and got a much lower price (not a name your price type offer) thru FireflyThis was about $120 cheaper.
    So I went to Priceline thru Shop at home (I think 3% maybe) and got the great rate. This was not a pay in advance. My payment will be to Firefly.
    Since I arrived late at night there was only 1 person ahead of me.
    I reserved a compact car - but all the had were mini-vans or suv's.
    I selected a Chevy Equinox - they said I could return the car the next morning and swap it out if i wanted, but I decided to keep the Equinox.
    (yeah, its going to cost me more in gas)
    They placed a hold on my card for $500+, but the rental for 17 days is $327.

So far so good. I did see a new car rental agency in a building next to the Gillespie group called Sixth or something like that - I don't know anything about them - something to check out.

7. theshaah

theshaah High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just rented from Firefly last month. It was a very smooth experience. I imagine that when you rent from Firefly you're really renting from Budget. Because they had me return the rental to the budget section of the lot.

8. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is Sixt and rates for my dates in October are considerably higher than E-Z

http://www.sixt.com/car-rental/usa/las-vegas/las-vegas-airport

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.