1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Virgin Passenger no longer one - handcuffed for Mile High Jinx on flight into Vegas

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Viva Las Vegas, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Link

A British woman, who was flying with her parents, is probably feeling pretty low after she was busted for being too loud while joining the mile-high club on a Virgin Atlantic flight with a man she just met. The drunken woman was handcuffed on a flight from London to Las Vegas, after attendants had to break down the restroom door, following complaints about loud sex.

IV - Honour thy father and thy mother.

2. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would not happen on BA. :wink2:

3. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've wondered how often this really goes on these days. I don't see how anyone could actually get away with it.

4. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With her parents? Wow!!!

5. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure her parents are proud!

6. Nevada1278

Nevada1278 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tubbs - You are right.

Virgin Atlantic is a shabby airline. I flew to Vegas with them many many times (airmiles). Not surprised by this story one bit.

When you board a BA aircraft you feel like you should be on your best behavior!

7. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that a genuine opinion on virgin? Having flown both plenty of times I can say that they are on par with BA at worst and considerably better than any of the American carriers. Please don't take that as a personal insult, you guys do lots of things much better than us but not airlines. I'm not even saying we are that good, the Asian and Middle East carriers are in another league altogether than the pair of us.

8. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am I the only one that read this thread title and thought 'Oooooh... handcuffs!' :licklips:

9. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Useless without pictures of the woman

10. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having flown both airlines myself, I am of very much the same opinion as yourself, wigwam, and even moreso now that they have upgraded their aircraft.

Even before, I had a better experience flying with Virgin, than I did with BA*

*both flights were from London to Vegas (I don't really get around much)

11. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know, right? I'm not a huge guy, but there is only ever room for one when I use the restrooms onboard a flight!

I suppose every flight must have a few contortionists, who can bend themselves around small compartments :evillaugh

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Don't worry. No American should take offense. Even if someone's never flown on a foreign carrier they'd have to be living under a rock not to know our airlines lead the world in sucking. Just like our airports.

13. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have flown with a couple of American airlines, U.S Airways which I found great and American Airlines which was good from the flying point of view but the hub at Chicago is a nightmare and that's what puts me off with them. I have never flown BA or Virgin and the only other airline I have used for a Vegas trip is Thomas Cook and despite some bad reviews I read about them on some websites I never had a problem and enjoyed the flights.
    I'm flying with Delta this time round so I'll see how that goes although a mate of mine has used them a few times and says they are a good airline.

14. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any idea when this women is flying back home? I'd like to see if there's any seats available on that flight. :wink2:

15. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After her antics I wonder if Virgin are allowing her to fly back with them or have said go find another airline.

16. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delta are pretty good. Presuming you're going through Amsterdam? Took me a couple of flights to realise this but on delta the headrests can be bent in at the edges, giving you the same kind of neck support as a travel pillow.

17. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:

The only airport I have ever thought was a bit below par there was Phoenix. Just feels depressed.

Philly has cheesesteaks to redeem itself. Atlanta is so huge it's cool, Denver has a nice roof etc etc.

18. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flying from Manchester via Atlanta, thanks for the headrest tip

19. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I disagree. On Skytrax, the premier air travel ratings, no us airport or airline has gotten better than 3 out 5 stars. The highest ranking overall that any US international airport got was #30, and that was tiny little Cincinnati Airport.

http://www.worldairportawards.com/Awards_2013/top100.htm

Biden was right, when you're in a place like LGA it feels like something out of a third world country.

You can compare airport A to B all day long and argue one is better than the other, but I'm talking about our major cities versus those in other major cities. Comparing places like JFK, SFO, LAX, or ORD to NRT, SIN, HKG, LHR, CDG etc. Our first class lounges are like waiting areas at car dealerships, including the flagship ones from Delta and United where you can look forward to packaged cheese and crackers and party mix. But go a few hours north to Canada and Air Canada's lounges feel well worth the visit. Forget about even trying to compare our lounges to their peers elsewhere in the world.

Our gates are madhouses designed to fit around half the volume of passengers on the aircraft configurations they serve. Almost any dining option is shitty fast food, technology is stuck in the 90s, and there are generally no leisure or resting options. We also have awful public transport to/from our airports. Chicago one of the few exceptions. Here in NY we are the biggest public transportation city in the country but we have no good option to get to the airport. They built the AirTrain after decades but it doesn't even go into the city, you have to go through a maze with your luggage and transfer to the subway. It sucks. Take the train to HKG and if you're an American you feel like you're in the future. We should be doing better in this country.

The book Cockpit Confidential has a whole section devoted to the problem with US airports, here is that pilot's summary: http://www.askthepilot.com/essaysandstories/whats-the-matter-with-airports/

20. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you put it like that I agree. I was trying to be kind. Heathrow and Manchester have good lounges but for the most past UK airports can be pretty dismal as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.