1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

high roller wheel - should I purchase the 'express pass' ?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by trig, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trig

trig Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what have you all experienced in regards to the line and wait time?

Wifey and I are going in a few weeks and I was thinking about pre-purchasing the 'express pass - ride anytime and skip the line.' We'll be riding at night probably on a Wednesday or Thursday.

thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

2. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to thread hijack....but hopefully someone can answer this question at the same time...

I've heard they allow you to bring alcohol on board with you. Does this have to be alcohol that is purchased at their bar or can it be anything? For example, could I get one of those large slush drinks at Fat Tuesday or even Purple Zebra from the Linq and still bring it on with me?

3. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can NOT bring alcohol onboard from outside the venue. They have a bar that you can purchase alcohol at to bring on with you there, but again nothing from outside.

Also, why the flex pass? Just buy a ticket from one of the many kiosks there when you are ready to go. Unless it's the weekend, fight night, or MJ is in town, you won't have to wait but 5 - 10 minutes at the most. Mid-week at night is still not that busy.

4. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been there yet, but here are 2 items that might help answer these questions...

From the LVA newletter:

When you purchase a ticket you have to use it within 30 minutes. There are “flex passes” for $46.95 (one day) or $56.95 (three days) that allow you to ride once at any time. There’s also an “express pass” for $61.95 that allows you to cut the line. With lines as short as they are, there’s no reason to pay for any of these.

You can carry drinks in from the outside as long as they’re in plastic cups, or you can buy them from a bar inside just before you board.

5. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To echo others, don't buy an express pass. Even if the queue is long you'll only wait a few minutes. We took in a Fat Tuesday last week no problem. It's possible they allowed that because we had comp tickets but highly unlikely. Don't bother buying champagne for the trip. It is not good.

6. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Orlando. The land of Theme Park Express Passes. So I'm conditioned to Skip The Lines!
    To answer your question I purchased 2 HighRoller Express Passes on April 17th for my trip in June.

Time waits for No Man!

7. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the High Roller Terms & Conditions:

3.5 No outside food or beverages of any nature may be brought onto the Premises.

Just be prepared to throw that $25 drink away if asked. :thumbsup:

8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There have been reports of little to no lines. Maybe on a weekend there could be a short wait but no reason to pay more for express.

9. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Fair enough if it states that in the t's and c's but they didn't enforce it last week when we went on. We weren't the only ones in the queue with outside drinks from Fat Tuesday.

*shrugs* Guess we got lucky.

10. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hunters Creek checking in.

Express passes come in handy big time if you come visit Orlando, but you don't need one at the high roller.

11. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We rode it last Monday at 1pm - there was no line at all, and about ten people to a pod. No point wasting your money on an express pass that time of day.

It was good fun, recommend it. Only complaint was that the music playing in the pod was way too loud.

Cheers,

Justin

12. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figure it will be Summer with more Tourist wanting to ride but I could be wrong... Plus I'm not sure what day or time I'll go.
    This way I'm covered! The tickets have been bought and printed out so its one last thing to deal with. I like planning ahead.

13. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No line when my wife and I rode it yesterday. And, 12 people in our car including us.

The search going in was quick and not as thorough as I thought it would be. Security staff looked right past the two bottles of wine I had in a satchel - and I opened one of the bottles up once I was on the wheel.

Bill

14. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have been up with several groups and none have waited more than 5 minutes, even yesterday at 7 pm. no food or drink but there is a bar in the cabins, not sure if they all do but the ones i have been in there is. if you are going to ride it several times, then passes are good. I dont know what the actual prices are but i sell them for $25 before 9 pm and $35 after 9 pm. They also do a thing where you can rent the entire cabin for up to 40 people for a flat rate. Open bar for 30 minutes or so isnt bad for 40 people and costs $1500-1900 depending.

Hopefully this helps.

15. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure we would want to take a drink in. With our bladders we would get to the top and would have to "go".

Forcing the doors open and peeing would be interesting.
    Wonder if possible to get a continuous stream from the top to the bottom.

16. trig

trig Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    much appreciated for all the replies. we'll not be buying the express pass.

GL!

17. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there last week, we didn't go on it but there were no lines at all, day or night. I don't think it will be long before there will be some deep discounting.

18. NYNJMINC

NYNJMINC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just a couple of stupid questions:

Are there seats in the gondolas?

Is the floor glass?

19. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It hasn't been busy any time that I went past it this week.

If you are staying at a CET property, there may be a 2 for 1 offer in those coupon books they give out.

20. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is seating for about 15 people. People moved around quite a bit.

The floor is metal (looked like aluminum to me).

The 30 minutes it took for the wheel to revolve went way faster than I thought it would. Seemed like I was only in the pod for about 15 minutes.

Bill

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.