1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Info for Bacchanal Buffet...

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by thekillers, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually tend to stick to MGM/MLife properties but I keep hearing about Bacchanal Buffet being so great that I'm going to check it out when I go next time. For people who have been there what makes it so great? Are there a few things that make it better than the other buffets?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did Bacchanal buffet. Was very pricey ...Stood in line to pay 55 dollars to enter. Then waited to be seated another 20 minutes...then the wait for the seafood line....crab legs...cold shrimp...seafood salads...nothing too special here...Yes it was good food but nothing I couldn't get from another buffet with a much shorter line and price. Was a one time thing for me.Glad to have tried it...but won't come back again. Lower buffets with cheaper prices will do just fine by me.:thumbsup:

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had lunch there last year. $35, no line at 11:30 on a Friday. It was excellent.

But you don't ever have to wait in a line, you can put your info into one of the kiosks, it will tell you the approx wait time and you'll get a text when you're next. So you can gamble, drink, shop, whatever without standing in a line. And of course depending on your Total Rewards level you can bypass any line as well.

Wicked Spoon is right up there IMHO.

4. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

5. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only gone for weekend brunch, where there's lines after 9 am but no wait time like there is for dinner. We tried going for dinner, but the kiosk said we'd have to be waiting for 2 hours. No thank you.

On the weekend, brunch is around $50 with bottomless mimosas included. The food is excellent, and there's a huge variety and a ton of it. I especially like asking for the warmed up crab legs, which they usually pile high on your plate, and are conveniently already cut in half for you.

I think it's a place everyone should try at least once. It is supposed to be the biggest buffet in Vegas. I like it. (Although in one of my recent posts I knocked it because I was too hungover to enjoy it that day.) But overall, I've always loved it. It's a tradition when me and my boyfriend go to Vegas, we have brunch there.

6. beuhner

beuhner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Part of what makes it unique is that all the food comes on individual serving plates instead of the usual slop buckets that come in a buffet. They also have a live cooking station at each section of the buffet where they will cook your food right in front of you. I think there are 7 in total.

7. Beaker

Beaker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I went during the Christmas week and found it to be the best buffet we have been to bar none. The food quality of every dish was just amazing. Having a diamond card was the only reason we went. There is no way I would stand in any line that long.

8. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its an excellent buffet but when we went on a Tuesday, they did not have the tomahawk chop. Downgrade?

9. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Speaking of the line, the missus tells me people queue for 4-5 hours at times for holiday buffets!! That's insane.

10. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do not go for dinner if there is a long line, because that might ruin the buffet for you. From my anecdotal experience:

1. It cost me over $50 dollars just for myself, so I expected each station to have good restaurant-quality food. Obviously, I came out disappointed.
    2. The layout of the buffet wasn't designed for queueing. A look at the people waiting for crab legs crammed into one small corner of the buffet says a lot.
    3. They can't put out food fast enough at times, which might have caused the quality of the food to suffer, like the hard cheese on my freshly cooked Wagyu Beef Slider.
    4. The restrooms are outside of the buffet, and there's only a few stalls in there. If you want to go to the restroom when there's a lot of people eating at the buffet, you'll probably have to walk a little farther, which is no bueno when you have to go number 2 really badly.

That said, it is the buffet that has the best variety on the strip. Although its quality is still good, the Wynn Buffet no longer serves unique and creative food options, so I can no longer claim it as the best buffet on the strip. The Bacchanal Buffet may lay claim to that title now. However, when I ate there, there was a lot of variety, but the individual food quality was just average. If you go there when there isn't a large line, you might have a better experience.

11. ChancesAre

ChancesAre Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at the Bacchanal Buffet on April 4th, and it was excellent! We went for dinner, and there was no line. We paid $114 for the both of us, we also had a total rewards card, that took $2 off. We were married earlier in the day, so I was in my wedding gown and he was in his tux, and they treated us so special. The dessert chef, brought out a plate of beautiful desserts that had a 'congratulations' chocolate plaque on it. The only thing I regret was, we didn't eat $114 worth a food, I only ate a plate and a half of food, not because the food was bad, I think because I was so excited about the wedding, that I, nor my husband had a big appetite, I wish we would have went on one of the other 5 days we were there. But wen we go back to Vegas, we will definitely do Bacchanal again.

12. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there twice. The first time for lunch, the second time I got there at 2:50pm and they switch over to dinner pricing at 3pm. The lineup had at least 35 people in it. Those ladies were RUNNING back and forth serving multiple people and using 2 registers at once in order to get everyone in for the lunch price and I couldn't believe I got there with 10 minutes to spare and still made it. This was before the kiosks were available. Both times the food was easily the best food I've ever had from a buffet. I liked and finished everything I tried. I think the biggest difference is that everything was properly seasoned. Nothing was bland. I used my TR points to lessen the blow in the price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.