1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Bellagio Buffet points?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by thekillers, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few weeks back I posted a question about what buffet people really liked from the rewards section and it seemed like everyone recommended either the Mirage or Aria. And it seems like a few people complained the Bellagio was that good.
    If that's the case, why is a free dinner buffet at the Bellagio worth 70,000 points, yet the Mirage is 32,000 and Aria is 39,000? Seems like MGM/MLife thinks that the Bellagio 2 times better than Mirage and Aria.

Anyone have an opinion why the Bellagio is so much more expensive?

2. lvjeremylv

lvjeremylv Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had the Aria buffet, but the Bellagio buffet, IMO, is definitely better than the Mirage buffet. I suppose that's just a matter of personal preference, but I found the Bellagio to be far and away superior.

3. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio is significantly better than the aria buffet. That and the bellagio buffet was the most popular reward before they upped the points. It would be sold out within seconds of them reloading the award. So I imagine its a combination of perceived quality and basic supply and demand.

4. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find that the extra points don't justify buying the Bellagio Buffet. I actually find it overated and prefer the Mirage and Aria Buffets.

Save the points and go elsewhere :peace:

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People's opinions always differ on the buffets. It's kind of annoying actually when some state Aria is better than Bellagio as a fact. No, it's an opinion.

I think the reason Bellagio's is so much more expensive has to do with supply and demand.

Go to the Bellagio buffet any night of the week and you'll find long lines of people waiting an hour to get in.

Go to the Aria or Mirage buffet any night of the week and ... you won't have to wait nearly as long.

6. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio Buffet >>> Mirage Buffet IMO.

On my last trip I got the 2 for 1 Breakfast or Lunch comp through MyVegas. I went to redeem it on a Friday. The woman at the rewards desk told me that it was only good Monday thru Thursday but then went ahead and gave it to me anyway. Bonus!

7. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree - any restaurant preference is personal and one person's fantastic meal will be another person's swill.

I think the Bellagio buffet is very good - I happen to prefer the Aria buffet because I like the layout better, I like the selections they have and IMO the service has been better than what I have experienced at the Bellagio buffet. You can't go wrong with either one - each has a wide selection of dishes and desserts to choose from.

One thing to note is that the Bellagio buffet MyVegas reward includes a line pass, The Aria buffet does not, so if someone is Pearl or Sapphire they might end up waiting on a very long buffet line to get in, depending on when you go (at times I have seen very long lines at the Aria buffet).

8. Sarava

Sarava Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it safe to assume that all buffet passes or BOGO's you can get through myvegas you have to wait in line for, except Bellagio?

I'll be going on my first Vegas trip since 2005. And I forgot how bad the buffet lines are (sometimes 1-2 hour waits as I recall).

9. The Furry One

The Furry One Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buffets, fine dining, fast food outlets ... all are totally subjective so whilst all opinions are taken on board I never read too much into what others may say about something - only absolute test is to try them yourself and form you own opinion. Same with shows and even where to gamble as far as I'm concerned. Vegas and the rest of the world would be a damned boring place if everyone had the same likes and standards imo.

Furry

10. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see on the Bellagio buffet reward that you get a line pass, is it still in effect? If so thats a nice bonus!

If i have a free pass and hubby plans to pay does he stay behind in line?

11. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, just walk up together.

12. evoiris

evoiris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    also, why is 1 dinner buffet 70k and for 2 it's 280k? it's more than 3x 1 buffet. :confused:

i purchased the 1 dinner buffet, so it's like a BOGO i suppose.

13. The Bellagio buffet with the exception of the lunch one make no sense whatsoever

14. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might even have a wait on the special Bellagio "line pass" line, depending on what time of day you go. As for the other buffets, I have not eaten at any of them except for Aria so I can't say one way or the other.

15. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am pretty sure the Bellagio buffet reward still includes the line pass. It did when I used it last year...

16. Nina_930

Nina_930 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You only get 3 (some people 4) rewards to use in one visit so it you have enough chips you could spend them on the reward for 2 that is 280K and still have 2 rewards left to purchase.
    I am only traveling to Vegas once so whatever points I have left over will be wasted. I purchased the 2 buffets and still have 2 more rewards left to obtain.

17. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use the Bellagio reward last month and got the line pass. We also got it at MGM but not at Mirage. Mirage seldom has a line so no big deal there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.