1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Orleans Breakfast Buffet? is it worth a go?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Clash79, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clash79

Clash79 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for a good value for money (that doesnt mean poor quality is accetable) breakfast buffet

I've read a few people recommend the Orleans, so was wondering if anyone on here had any thoughts.

Thanks....

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have gone there a couple of times over the years....even taken the free shuttle to get there. It is a pretty basic breakfast buffet but everything we tried was fresh and well prepared. It is great value too.....last time we were there it was maybe 5.99 with a players card. Once we went with a group of 10 and the service was not great.....a couple in a group actually went up and got their own refills....

3. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there will be bashers but I have been SCREAMING about this as a great value play for YEARS and echo the previous posters viewpoints.

4. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is so hard to make a meaningful evaluation of buffets because we all eat differently.
    What does "poor quality" mean to you?
    For example, the very complaints I have read about Aria, when they were detailed, turned out to be the very reasons I liked that buffet.
    If you want crispy bacon, forget it.
    There is no smoked salmon to mix with onions and capers. That is at the Golden Nugget breakfast.
    If you want a decent omelet, there are omelet stations and plenty of interesting ingredients. The service is good. I get eggs over easy and I can say when they are ready. It is hard to get them in restaurants in Vegas because "over easy" means something different than it does in the Northeast and usually includes runny whites and I don't like that. And "over medium" is sometimes over cooked. So I like the buffets.
    Check carefully because as I remember there was a larger selection of omelet additives at one cooking station.
    If you want some appeal to Mexican, the Orleans usually has it. There will be something with chorizo. I think the poblano soup is put out as early as breakfast. I love that!

I liked it that there was plenty of healthy food. The fruit was pretty good. In that way it is better than Main Street Station. Still, there is nothing fancy. I think the salad bar was open for late breakfast on one visit and I like that.

The service at the Orleans is fine and the seating is comfortable. Sometimes the lines are long. Wednesday is the Young at Heart day where seniors get deals on meals so the lines are long that day. But a senior with a bit of play can earn a free buffet and get in a drawing.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
  5. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my last TR - we had never tried a 'cheaper' buffet before -

"The buffet exceeds expectations. Everything is clean, service is fine and the food choice is excellent. I can cope with paper napkins. The fruit options are not as extensive as some places but they are good enough. The dessert choice is really good with a patisserie selection that beats anything offered by Bellagio, Wynn and others. $7.99 and no tax paying with points is hard to beat."

6. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've always liked the Orleans buffet for the it's value, and the quality of the food. It's our 2nd favorite, after the M buffet.

The servers are great, we very much enjoy the large array of desserts. They have lots of sugar free desserts--something I prefer after a large meal.

We love steak night there too--assuming they still have it.

People might call me crazy. But on a dollar for dollar basis, I think it's better than many of the higher priced ones on the strip.

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a little side note, I had lunch (for the first time and on a weekday) at the Orleans buffet a couple months ago and was surprised to find eggs, bacon, biscuits, ham, etc. still being served. It's not just for breakfast anymore!

8. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

We like the Orleans buffet a lot for breakfast. Clean, service generally pretty good and the food is fresh and well prepared.

Their green salsa is really good on an omelet! And you can get an awesome piece of their chocolate cake as dessert. Sweet potato pancakes can be found and those aren't too common in my (limited) experience. Their bacon is not usually too crisp (as Dewey pointed out). Probably my only complaint.

Young at Heart day is now on Wednesdays. If you are 50+, earn 10 points for a voucher for a 2 for 1 buffet (your companion must be over 21 but can be under 50). Or earn 50 points for a free buffet (breakfast or lunch - 100 points for free dinner buffet).

If paying with points, you get a 40% discount (600 points = $1 instead of 1000 points = $1).

Breakfast is hard to screw up generally, especially if there is a made to order omelet station.

Give it a try, you won't be out too much even if you don't find it to be your favorite.

Cheers,
    Kelly

9. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Orleans buffet was even better back when Michael Gaughan ran the Orleans. Back in those years, when we stayed at the Gold Coast, we actually walked to the Orleans a couple times ... for our morning exercise, and the superb breakfast buffet. After Michael Gaughan left to run the South Coast (now the Southpoint), the Orleans buffet dropped a notch or two, in my opinion.

And as Dewey pointed out, watch out for the long lines on Senior Day.

10. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

My experience with the local breakfasts buffets is that lower-priced places like Orleans and Station buffets offer the best value. No less of a Vegas gadabout like Anthony Curtis also backs up this sentiment in a recent visits to all $10 and under breakfast buffets.

11. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that correction. I forgot that now all the Young at Heart Promotions are on Wednesday: Gold Coast, Orleans, Sam's Town, Suncoast. And thank for the note on whether a senior with a 2 for 1 can treat a younger adult. Nice. That had been asked on the board before.

12. Minnesota3

Minnesota3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always found the Orleans breakfast buffet to be a good value and very acceptable. First of all, I am not a big breakfast fan. Usually only have it on the day of my return. I don't like eggs, so can't speak to that, but the waffles and pancakes are always good and I really like their bacon. I don't like bacon that is overly crisp.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.